join:2002-01-10
Valparaiso, IN

jkj860 to Robert

to Robert

Re: $1.99 FEE to PAY BILL AT LOCAL COMCAST OFFICE

said by Robert:

said by yhp:

said by Robert:

The idea of a Comcast office is to give customers the ability to pick up/exchange equipment. It's not for you to pay your bill, so the $1.99 is a way to discourage you from waiting in line when the rep can assist someone to has service issues.

But they charge 5 times as much for a box handout as they do for a bill-pay. So they must really hate dealing with equipment.

Yes, the do. Equipment is a big overhead expense for them. Think about all the equipment that is returned to them in poor functioning order due to customers not properly handling/maintaining them.

Unfortunately for me I think I have paid for my box's in full with the monthly charges and considering how long I have had them.
cferro
join:2003-07-27
Jersey City, NJ

cferro

I do not feel sorry for Comcast. I do take care of my boxes. I do not want to be charged a fee for a bad cable box. The company makes a lot of money renting equipment. A DVR box is $16.95 a month without a premium package.
Does Comcast need a $1.99 fee to pay a bill at an local office?

jkj860
The Final Frontier
join:2002-01-10
Valparaiso, IN

jkj860

said by cferro:

I do not feel sorry for Comcast. I do take care of my boxes. I do not want to be charged a fee for a bad cable box. The company makes a lot of money renting equipment. A DVR box is $16.95 a month without a premium package.
Does Comcast need a $1.99 fee to pay a bill at an local office?

I pay $41/month in equiptment rental alone. They gotta love me. I have had the same box's for a long time. 2 dvr's, 1 hd box, 3 dta's, and a voice modem. I own my hsi modem. I keep all my equiptment clean and dusted. I even vacuum out the box's on a regular basis. I just hope they don't start charging to pay online monthly as that is the way I always pay my bill. I don't use the auto bill pay though.