Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jasmo34

join:2008-03-20
London, ON

1 edit

[DSL] DSL Pricing Page for ONTARIO has changed on the Website

I just noticed that there have been some changes posted to the TSI DSL Pricing page for ONTARIO...

-The hated Perpetual Activation Charge ($1.50/mo) is gone for DSL 2 and DSL 6; it now says...
Activation Fee for DSL 2 and DSL 6 .......... $50 ($25 off with modem purchase)

-Phone Filters are now in the price list.

-Shipping Costs are now included in the Modem charts.

Unfortunately, the pop-up window 'explaining' 2-month rolling averages and overages is unchanged, and still has the original wording, which did not cover all the plans properly.

I think we still need "Pricing Change FaQ2" to be released publicly, after it is adjusted to the new pricing, of course.

I'm guessing that "Moving DSL" will now cost more than $5, with the change in DSL2 and DSL6 activation charges. I should have done my move sooner.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

1 edit

DSL Pricing Page for ONTARIO has changed on the Website

said by jasmo34:

I just noticed that there have been some changes posted to the TSI DSL Pricing page for ONTARIO...

-The hated Perpetual Activation Charge ($1.50/mo) is gone for DSL 2 and DSL 6; it now says...
Activation Fee for DSL 2 and DSL 6 .......... $50 ($25 off with modem purchase)....

And rather than posting first here, they are again entrusting none other than US to bring these messages to the masses.

Look out for flying Tim-Bits !

Actually, that change strikes me as an improvement - makes better sense that way (but not necessarily cents ).

[Dave cannot help but ponder whether 8 Tim-Bits would equal 1 Tim-Byte, or whether Tim's would even get the joke ?]

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to jasmo34

Re: [DSL] DSL Pricing Page for ONTARIO has changed on the Websit

The same changes were made to the Quebec DSL, although the 10 meg DSL price is still broken.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
said by Guspaz:

The same changes were made to the Quebec DSL, although the 10 meg DSL price is still broken.

Proof Readers R US !

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to jasmo34
By broken I mean intentionally broken, as in "why the hell is 10 meg more expensive than 12 meg".
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
said by Guspaz:

By broken I mean intentionally broken, as in "why the hell is 10 meg more expensive than 12 meg".

"Because we can" appears to be the most likely answer.

And for $1/month extra, you can upgrade from 10/1 to 16/1 in QC... so 10/1 makes very little sense unless your line simply cannot handle any more than that.