Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wcda

join:2001-12-06
Macon, GA
reply to wcda

Re: [GA] On demand access with Cable Cards

I asked the question because I do not have a Tivo and have no plans to buy one On demand is not available to me using Cable cards. I was hoping that in the future it would be. I am using cable cards on 3 of my computers. 2 are hooked up to ATA external single tuners and one is hooked up to a Ceton 4 tuner internal card. I use these as DVRs for 3 of my TVs I was hoping to be able to use the computer DVRs for recording shows that I some how missed but were on the on demand channels. Currently I am able to distribute what I have recorded through out the house wirelessly using things like Media Center extenders, Kodak HD theaters and the built in wireless in the TV and Blue ray player with Nero Media Home essentials.

tim85254

join:2010-07-15
Short answer - no solution exists. Very unlikely one ever will.

Sorry your thread got so far off track, but cablecards are a hot button issue for a lot of us because Cox -by choice and design- chooses to treat cablecard users like crap.

tru2way

@tulsawinch.com
reply to BryanInPHX
said by BryanInPHX:

Which device are you referring to? The Cisco Trio IPG and WHDVR equipment?

That is correct.

Foxbat121

join:2001-04-25
Herndon, VA
reply to tim85254
said by tim85254:

Sorry your thread got so far off track, but cablecards are a hot button issue for a lot of us because Cox -by choice and design- chooses to treat cablecard users like crap.

To be fair, all cable companies are like this. Cox is not the worst. Comcast is.

And my personal experience with renting and activating my cablecards are quite good with my local Cox, not much difference than renting a cable box. Activations are always done in the first call (I have two cards activated) unlike many horror stories from Comcast customers.