spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ninithepug

join:2012-02-14

[Extreme] What can I expect for internet quality with Rogers vs

My internet with teksavvy now, on 24mb plan, but speed terrible, now only gets 1mb when I do speedtest.net for past month. Teksavvy told me it is node congestion, they cannot do anything and 'same for rogers customers'. Are they telling the truth?

Does it make a difference if I switch to Rogers, can I expect my speed will gets deliver as promised and stable? Whenever problem happens, what should I expect it get fixed asap, I am really tired of playing the ticket game with support guys. I am ok to pay more provided the I can get a quality service.

Thanks, please help.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1

Re: [Extreme] What can I expect for internet quality with Rogers

If TSI support was correct about it being node congestion, then it would be the same with Rogers. That kind of problem won't be solved any faster if you were a Rogers customer instead of a TSI customer.

Best bet is checking with a neighbor if you have any that are on Rogers.

ninithepug

join:2012-02-14

thx. good If. So I guess bell ad is true, I was with bell 3M plan on TSI previously, although speed is slow but it did delivery consistently with its promise.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1

No, the Bell ad is pretty much a load of BS.

This kind of slowdown can happen with DSL as well - though the technical reasons would be different, the end result to the customer would be the same.

It's worth noting that this kind of issue has been fairly rare for both Bell and Rogers.