spc
Search similar:

uniqs

dslfan90
@sbcglobal.net

dslfan90

Anon

New Firmware Update for Motorola VIP 2250

Has any one else gotten the new firmware update for the Motorola VIP 2250 DVR? The new TV2 client version is 2.1.2344.20. I believe this addresses the freezing and rebooting issues.

I would guess that this update would also apply to the Cisco ISB 7500 DVR.
nephipower
join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX

nephipower

What city are you located in?

dslfan90
@sbcglobal.net

dslfan90

Anon

Dallas/Ft. Worth area.
nephipower
San Antonio, TX

nephipower to dslfan90

to dslfan90
Oh ok, I'm in San Antonio. I wonder if this will be sent to boxes in my city too.

dslfan90
@sbcglobal.net

dslfan90

Anon

Oh yes, it will be pushed out to all of the new DVR boxes. I don't know what the time frame will be.

laprjns
Premium Member
join:2002-03-11
Ellington, CT

laprjns to dslfan90

Premium Member

to dslfan90
Where do you find the software version of a VIP 2250. Just had U-verse installed on the 10th and I'm on my second VIP 2250. I was getting pixelization, freezing and lose of TV signal. Finally a tech switch from using the coax input to the ethernet and that seems to fix my problems.

David0417
Premium Member
join:2001-02-22
Clover, SC

David0417 to dslfan90

Premium Member

to dslfan90
I am in South Carolina and I did receive the update as follows on my Cisco ISB7500:

OLD TV2 Client: 2.0.26496.25 New: 2.1.2344.20

OLD UI: 5.3.6 New UI: 5.4.7

dslfan90
@sbcglobal.net

dslfan90 to laprjns

Anon

to laprjns
said by laprjns:

Where do you find the software version of a VIP 2250. Just had U-verse installed on the 10th and I'm on my second VIP 2250. I was getting pixelization, freezing and lose of TV signal. Finally a tech switch from using the coax input to the ethernet and that seems to fix my problems.

Using your remote: Menu > Options > System Options > System information > System info (TV2 client version)
nephipower
San Antonio, TX

nephipower to dslfan90

to dslfan90
Are you guys still seeing freezing problems with your DVRs after the update?

Also how are your DVR connected to the gateway? Coax? Ethernet?

dslfan90
@sbcglobal.net

dslfan90

Anon

I really never had a freezing issue, but a customer did post on the Utalk forum that they have not had the freezing issue since receiving the update a couple of days ago. I don't know if their DVR is feed by coax or Ethernet.
nephipower
San Antonio, TX

nephipower

Are you hooked up via Ethernet or coax?

dslfan90
@sbcglobal.net

dslfan90

Anon

My DVR is connected with an Ethernet cable to the RG. It is connected to the TV with an HDMI cable.
burns113
join:2002-07-13
Louisville, KY

burns113 to dslfan90

to dslfan90
Mine updated last night as well, ISB7500. I never had any issues though, connected with ethernet and component (HDMI had an audio lag when using the jump forward/backward buttons, after jumping the audio wouldn't start for a second where it starts immediately on component).

freakout9903
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
Gastonia, NC

freakout9903 to dslfan90

Premium Member

to dslfan90
Got the update a couple nights ago on my ISB7500.

Client Version: 2.1.2344.20 (RELEASE)
Bootstrap ROM: 2.7549
UI: 5.4.7
nephipower
San Antonio, TX

nephipower to dslfan90

to dslfan90
Well I just got upgraded today from the VIP1225 to VIP2250 DVR and I am pretty pleased with it so far. Surprisingly I see a difference in the quality of the picture on the 2250, it seems to be a lot less pixelated.

I was only expecting to have a lot more recording space but it seems to be that it has a better MPEG4 decoding chip, hence the better video quality.

Has anyone else noticed the same thing with switching from a different box to the 2250?
hotwasabi
join:2008-06-15
Westerville, OH

hotwasabi

I also got the update a couple of nights ago for my 2250 and I also see an improvement in the picture quality. There is less pixelization than before....it's not perfect yet by far, but it's definitely a bit better. Still, though, U-Verse picture quality is not as good as my old provider, Cox, and I am not happy with it. The only reason I switched was that they had a great promotion and I got $350 in Visa cards but I wish I had stayed with Cox. Hopefully my box will no longer freeze and reboot as that problem would happen almost daily (I had U-Verse installed in November 2011)!! Only time will tell but I haven't had a freeze problem int he two days since the firmware update - YIPPEE! Now if only I could get faster internet in the Cleveland area that would be awesome. I can only get 18Mbps (Max Plus) - C'Mon ATT!
nephipower
San Antonio, TX

nephipower to dslfan90

to dslfan90
In the little bit of time we had it freeze once soon after the initial setup for the new box. But after i restarted it, it has been fine.

Has anyone else run into issues?