spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Photodom

@free-online.co.uk

[Hardware] Belkin Play N600 F7D4101 - PROBLEMS

This is a strange one. I have 'installed' this USB adaptor on 3 computers. 2 with Win 7 64 bit and 1 with Vista 32 bit.

On all computers, device manager reports that it is working correctly and that the drivers are up to date - and I have downloaded the most up to date drivers from the Belkin website.

But it is unable to connect or even scan for available networks. When I take it out and plug in my Belkin G adaptor, bang, PC scans for networks, find all the wireless routers in the vicinity, and connects to my Belkin Moden/Router.

I can understand connection and singal drop outs, but not even letting the OS scan for available networks strikes me as very strange.

Has anyone else had this problem??

I have contacted Belkin but their replies were worth than useless and I don't see wh y I should have to phone a premium rate line to sort this problem.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON
From the behaviour your reporting my guess is that the drivers you installed are corrupted.

uninstall the drivers using Device Manager THEN use the driver provided on the install CD. If no install CD was included then 1st disable your antivirus or anti-whatever software then have Windows do the driver update for you.

Normally when you plugin the USB adapter for the 1st time Windows will search its approved hardware platform database for the certified drives and install those automatically --- you do not need to go to the Belkin site to download anything.
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
Information Technology for Home and Business

Photodom

@free-online.co.uk
Hi

Thanks for replying. The problem was actually Zonealarm.

I had to COMPLETELY uninstall it, get the USB Adapter working, and then reinstall Zonealarm.

Everything works a treat now.

Cheers