Ubiquiti NSM5
Synology RT2600ac
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

TamaraB to RiseAbove

Premium Member

to RiseAbove

Re: [iPhone] Total disaster!

said by RiseAbove:

...Since you asked the question about if you should just add another line for $10 so you can get another phone for contract price.

I also hope you are on a family plan now because if you aren't you will have to be moved up to one so you can add another line which means a lot more money out of pocket.

Yes Indeed. I just returned from the AT&T store. I am now on the family plan for $10.00/Mo (before tax) more. I had them configure my old iPhone 3g on the second line with no Internet or texts. I keep my grandfathered unlimited data and 200 texts on the new phone. The 3g will be my "home phone". It has to be kept plugged in as the batteries won't go more than 3-4 hours. But hey, I end up with 2 phones and my 4s replaced, for $200.00 and only a $10.00/Mo increase in my bill.

This new 4s looks different on the front than the one which was lost. This one has a big squarish indentation on the top front, containing an additional long thin orifice below the ear speaker. Anyone know what that is all about?

Bob

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

said by TamaraB:

This new 4s looks different on the front than the one which was lost. This one has a big squarish indentation on the top front, containing an additional long thin orifice below the ear speaker. Anyone know what that is all about?

Bob

That's where they took the google cookie out.

(pics?)

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium Member
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
·Verizon FiOS
Ubiquiti NSM5
Synology RT2600ac

TamaraB

Premium Member

Click for full size
said by AVD:

(pics?)

TamaraB

TamaraB to AVD

Premium Member

to AVD
said by AVD:

That's where they took the google cookie out.

(pics?)

So, what's that thing?

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium Member
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA
·SONIC

bobrk to TamaraB

Premium Member

to TamaraB
Do you have a white overlay on it or something? The orifices are correct according to the Apple website:

The little one at the top is the proximity sensor.

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium Member
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
·Verizon FiOS
Ubiquiti NSM5
Synology RT2600ac

TamaraB

Premium Member

said by bobrk:

Do you have a white overlay on it or something? The orifices are correct according to the Apple website:

[att=1]

The little one at the top is the proximity sensor.

Well, they put a screen protector on it, is that what you mean by "overlay"? The 4s which drowned did not have the orifice you identify as proximity sensor. It looked more like the iPhones to the left and right of the pic you posted, except in white.

Oh wait! The sensor and the speaker seem recessed because of the screen protector. Perhaps I didn't notice the proximity sensor before. The layout is exactly like the white phone in your pic.

NEVERMIND

Bob

bobrk
Premium Member
San Jose, CA

bobrk

Premium Member

No prob, Bob!

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

pics solve everything

bobrk
Premium Member
San Jose, CA

bobrk

Premium Member

Worth a thousand words, yadda yadda yadda.