share rss forum feed

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
reply to Dustyn

Re: [Free] I/O Bit Advanced SystemCare 5 Pro

Just under 25 minutes left at the time of this posting.

dsilvers

join:2009-05-17
Canyon Lake, TX

Is this the same I/O bit that was involved in the signature scandal with Malwarebytes. »www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2355884,00.asp

said by PC Mag :
Scandalous Signatures
During the course of this review I lost contact with IObit—The company's representatives simply stopped answering my e-mails. On investigation I learned that Malwarebytes had accused IObit of stealing malware signatures. Malwarebytes' case seemed airtight to me. Malwarebytes created a unique non-malicious test file in their labs and added a signature for that file to its database. Within days that same signature turned up in IObit's database.

On returning from its media blackout IObit denied this "calumniation" (their word) in an impressive polemic. Malwarebytes fired back a rebuttal. Who's right? I lean toward believing Malwarebytes, but it really doesn't matter. Wherever IObit got its signatures, my test results show that the company didn't put them to good use.
I followed the link from PC Mag and got »blog.iobit.com/advanced-systemca···166.html Appears to be the same animal. Anyway, not favorably reviewed there.

art22gg
Premium
join:2005-02-16
Courtenay, BC
kudos:6

Yes!....One and the same ......Not thought of as well here either...