uniqs
ShellMMG
join:2009-04-16
Grass Lake, MI

1 recommendation

ShellMMG to davidhoffman

to davidhoffman

Re: Usage cap and throttling

Wildblue, once upon a time, was a pretty good service. Then the (*@&# oversold the beams, cut broadband limits across the board by 25% (no price decrease, of course), and screwed with the latency. This was on the old bird, too.

Give it time. Excede will be oversold, caps lowered and latency bolluxed to the point users won't be able to check their bank account online because of SSL timeouts.

Been there. Done that. NEVER, ever again.

I truly feel for those who can't get landline or 4G access. It's a frustrating, hair-tearing and teeth-gnashing experience, especially if you have teenagers.

hdman
Flt Rider
Premium Member
join:2003-11-25
Appleton, WI

hdman

Premium Member

I totally agree that WB did get oversold in SOME areas, but not all. I also believe thier plan was flawed from the beginning as I was a pilot user for the service. I now have Exede and I can tell you that it is smokin fast, and I mean SMOKING fast. I am getting upwards of 20M down, and even if that gets oversold and goes to 5M, I am still better off than I was with 3G.....

It all depends on your perspective and what you had along with what is available. Right now, Exede is the best available, and it is a very good service.

HDMan