dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

interweb
join:2008-03-21

interweb

New DSL Usage Tool Peak/Non Peak Online.

Hi,

The new DSL usage tool is now online. Tool include peak and non peak usage + grand total.

Bonjour,

le nouvel outil pour la consommation par DSL est maintenant en ligne. L'outil inclus la consommation peak et non peak et affiche le total.
gnumantsc
join:2003-07-23

gnumantsc

I hope it is more accurate than Bell's. Not that I'm worried about my bandwidth usage. Those Linux Distros have become smaller in years.

pducharme
Premium Member
join:2010-06-29
Sherbrooke, QC

pducharme to interweb

Premium Member

to interweb
Nice ! Too bad I ordered the Cable TGV60 without any off peak

Did you get the suggestion I sent in another thread regarding Cable off-peak solution :

1. Create a new VPN server without encryption
2. Create account with VL account for Cable user on that VPN
3. Make sure the VPN server accept connexions only between 02:00 to 12:00pm, configure so it cut the connection at 12:00pm so people can't stay connect.
4. Count all the amount of traffic that goes thru that VPN tunnel.
5. Create a script that will substract the Total traffic by Day (provided by the VL tools they give you) and the daily traffic that goes thru the tunnel for a specific VL username.
6. Done! You can now see the traffic that is "Offpeak" for Cable and have a advantage against other IISP

The only issue in that is that each client that want to use the offpeak will have to setup a VPN connection (Is this really a issue for a geek?) and that you'll have to have a fast enough VPN server to route the traffic of all VPN users. It could be in your current VPN at 5$/month that provide Fixed IP, but you'll have to have some kind of control over it or Count the traffic only between 2am and 12pm.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

1 edit

Guspaz to interweb

MVM

to interweb
Was waiting for diskace to give me a test account to test the usage tool, but it looks like he hasn't checked his PMs in ages His initial response was basically "Sure, send me your email", but he never read (or never received?) the response with the address.