This is a sub-selection from Poor T-Mo

kamm
join:2001-02-14
Brooklyn, NY

kamm to BiggA

to BiggA

Re: Poor T-Mo

said by BiggA:

Their best option was to be merged with AT&T, now they have a crappy network coverage wise, and not much to differentiate themselves from the big two.

If they have the PCS spectrum to do PCS 3G nationwide, then they could pick the iPhone up. They have the advantage of being able to go through Apple, or reimbursing people for unlocked iPhones when they sign a contract (GCI does this).

Ahahaha, another clueless armchair exec - TMO's data network is FAR BETTER than AT&T shitcanned data and their overall coverage is much better where they are present.

Other than rednecks in the sticks nobody gives a shit about the missing rural areas - ~80+ percent of the population live in metropolitan areas, TMO is dead right focusing on them.
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

1 edit

chgo_man99

I live in a town of 50,000, where t-mobile does not own spectrum directly but its partner i-wireless which while it has decent plans, has awful coverage and much worse outdated phone selection (they still had offered Samsung Galaxy I while T-mobile already have had ver 2 for sale!).In my area they only have 2G EDGE which misleadingly market as "fast mobile" while at&t has 3G for over a year. And I am not in total hillbilly redneck wood-sticks. IBM opened new data center here a little while ago. And soon US Cellular will lunch here 4G LTE and Verizon has lunched already in few other towns.
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT

BiggA to kamm

Premium Member

to kamm
Oh yeah, get 5 minutes off the highway and they have GRPS. Great. AT&T is still plowing ahead with HSPA+. And the places AT&T has EDGE, most of them don't have T-Mo service at all.
« Defection thanks to ATTseriously? »
This is a sub-selection from Poor T-Mo