Born Again Atheist
Premium
join:2011-06-11
reply to The Dv8or

Re: [MLB] Ryan Braun

said by The Dv8or:

said by Jackarino:

The last test he took (one in question) was positive for peds

When told he was positive, he called for subsequent tests, which were negative.

Yes, but there was a substantial delay until the subsequent clean test. Victor Conte, a man who would know better than anybody alive said that the second test being clean was basically meaningless, because of the time gap between the tests.

Braun is a blatant cheat and is no better than Barry Bonds or Manny Ramirez, or dozens of other current and former players that have been busted for or linked to PEDs.

I don't give a shit how reputable the famous arbiter is. MLB is a Goliath and was the paying customer who got the result they wanted.

The Steroid Era is not over. That much is clear.
--
»anatheists.blogspot.com/

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to Jackarino
Do we hate this guy now? Would you boo him?

OZZY7
Born Again Atheist
Premium
join:2011-06-11
I love baseball. I love so many things about it I can't tell you all about it here.

I'm a Red Sox fan. I'm under no illusions that every member of the Red Sox is clean. It's obvious that at least several weren't in the fairly recent past. Manny, caught two or three times. Big Papi, caught when it wasn't being counted, like A-Rod. At least A-Rod was a lot more forthcoming than Ortiz, who said he'd look into it and get back to us. That was years ago, he never said another word about it. The suspect list is long.

I don't like PED users because it makes High School and College athletes think, and rightly so that PEDs are the ticket to fame and fortune.

So, as a fan I'm conflicted and MLB turning a blind eye to the whole issue are the ones who've put me in that position. It's not right to boo A-Rod and cheer Big Papi over PED use.
--
»anatheists.blogspot.com/

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to Jackarino
said by Jackarino:

Do we hate this guy now? Would you boo him?

I boo all Brewers, just on principle.

hulltech
Premium
join:2001-12-14
Sheboygan, WI
reply to Jackarino
After the test came back positive he offered to take a dna test to prove that it wasn't his sample that tested positive. MLB rejected that.

AB
Premium
join:2006-04-04
Leesburg, VA
kudos:3
said by hulltech:

After the test came back positive he offered to take a dna test to prove that it wasn't his sample that tested positive. MLB rejected that.

A known ploy.
Offer to do something to prove your innocence you know for certain won't ever be officially asked of you to do.

hulltech
Premium
join:2001-12-14
Sheboygan, WI
reply to Jackarino
Doubtful.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to Jackarino
Supposedly the testing was completed on a Friday around 5:30 pm.
quote:
Laurenzi said he stored Braun’s sample in his basement in accordance with CDT’s protocol because there was “no FedEx office located within 50 miles of Miller Park that would ship packages that day or Sunday.”

Braun, however, has said at least five FedEx locations within 5 miles were open until 9 p.m. and there also was a 24-hour location.
»www.washingtonpost.com/sports/na···ory.html

Here is Miller Park where the testing was done:

Here are local Fedex places: »maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&gs_nf···0Q_AUoAg

--
hey Dale