how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Raincity

join:2005-05-28
Las Vegas, NV

[NV] Modem Upgrade

Will Cox upgrade the modem they installed with a newer DOCIS 3 compatible modem. If not what modem you do recomend that will work with the cox phone service also.

bryant313

join:2011-05-24
Las Vegas, NV

i had a situation similar to this

i called cox and asked if i could get a modem upgrade since i have digital telephone with them their is no rental fee and install is free

with the cox insurance plan of course

but ask that the tech bring a Cisco dpq3212

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

2 edits
reply to Raincity

unless your current modem is no longer supported don't look for cox to replace it. also might depend on tier and how long you have been a customer.

and since cox doesn't allow customer allowed phone modems that I know of you might get a D3 modem if they switch to D3 for phone

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV

yep that's totally true

Raincity what tier of internet do you subscribe to?

Raincity

Las Vegas, NV
reply to Raincity

Second tier net and been subscriber before there was Cox here in LV. I am planing to add whole house DVR service and I would like to have the modem upgraded and the line levels checked also if I have to pay an $80 installation charge.

ajwees41
Premium
Omaha, NE

they will not give you an upgraded modem. You will have to buy one yourself. what modem do you have?

Raincity

Las Vegas, NV

Arris TM502G

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV
reply to ajwees41

they gave me a upgraded one for free

ajwees41
Premium
Omaha, NE

cox controls the phone modem they do not allow customer owned. when and if they switch to a D3 phone modem will you get a new modem.

Hoss
Sauters A Walrus

join:2000-10-05
Tulsa, OK

I have a D3 DPQ3212. I also had speed inconsistency issues with the old D2 EMTA. You have to lean into them about it if they have them, and not all markets have D3 EMTAs yet.