Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mogulman
Premium
join:2002-09-09
Parker, CO

Any new promos coming up?

My renewal is coming up soon. I got a promo for renewal that includes 6 months free.

I really like Viatalk, but I started looking around...

Voipo has a deal for $129 for 2 years of service + tax..for a total of $165.

That's $6.8 month.

Viatalk comes out to around $14/month with the promo.

Then there is GoogleVoice with an Obi device for free, but no 911.

I guess I'm willing to pay more to stay with Viatalk and not have to change anything, but maybe not twice as much. I have Voipo on another line and it has been good for me too.

Any new promos viatalk???

dcurrey
Premium
join:2004-06-29
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Cincinnati Bell
·ViaTalk

They may or may not offer this. Promos for current customer change at drop of hat. But in the past they have offered 12 months + 12 free months for $189. Think you have to be closer to renewal date to get this deal. Then again they may not offer it.

So far I have managed to stay with VT been with them since may 2006 and as long as I can keep the $189 2 year deals going probably won't leave. If not will other options are cheaper than the current normal offerings.

mogulman
Premium
Parker, CO

Yeah.. 2 years would be closer. I'd probably keep service for that.

tcat007

join:2010-10-04
Austin, TX
reply to mogulman

I just signed up for the $189 with 6 months free = $10.50 (plus the $2.50 "fees"). Not worth switching to me, has worked flawlessly for the past 6 years... up until about a month ago when I started losing incoming audio. Hopefully find a fix soon!

dcurrey
Premium
join:2004-06-29

Crap my fees are $3.45. But last promo was $189 for 24 months.

mogulman
Premium
Parker, CO
reply to mogulman

I've been looking around. Almost switched. I logged in one more time into my VT control panel. There was a promo for 189 for 24 months.. Signed up again

mathfaster

join:2005-09-23
Upland, CA

said by mogulman:

I've been looking around. Almost switched. I logged in one more time into my VT control panel. There was a promo for 189 for 24 months.. Signed up again

How many days before your renewal date did you get this second offer?

mogulman
Premium
Parker, CO

I think it was about 30 days prior to my renewal date.

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ViaTalk

In this old thread, people coming up for renewal were offered an extra 6 months at the 90 day mark and an extra 12 if they had not renewed by the 45 day mark. Don't know if they are still following that pattern as I am at just about to start my 'free' year.

Link-> »Re: 12 months free? (when you renew for 12 months)

- edits to fix typos.

mathfaster

join:2005-09-23
Upland, CA
reply to mogulman

said by mogulman:

I think it was about 30 days prior to my renewal date.

Thanks. Mine comes up for renewal in January 2013. Last promo was a 2 year deal. $99 for the first year and $79 for the second. $189 is close. Won't switch if I can get 2 years for $189 even with the additional $2.45 per month. Going on 6 years with Viatalk.