spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Mirin
@rogers.com

Mirin

Anon

CIK Telecom? Reliable?

I think this would be the right place to but it. Anyhow, I got done reading this thread: »Does anyone know about the company, CIK?

CIK Telecom is providing me 18Mbps dl speed and unlimited bandwidth for $39.99 as well as home phone services which seems like a steal. But its nearly too good to be true. So I did some researching and came to the above topic. When I was on the phone on them they said "No, we never have downtime and are always up" (paraphrasing of course).

So after I found out in the above topic that they are resellers using TekSavvys infrastructure etc. So I got some questions.

1) If they are using TekSavvy to provide me internet, they MUST have downtime right? If TekSavvy is having downtime [which it does] doesn't that mean CIK telecom will also have downtime?

2) The modems required are either a Motorola SB5101/5101N or a Thomson DCM425, DOCSIS 2.0. Are these even capable of handling 18Mbps?

3) What are some other peoples experience with them? Or what have you heard about them?

I would have gone with TekSavvy a long time ago but at the time users in the city of Brampton had a downtime of multiple weeks and going which scared me off.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

1. Yes
2. Yes, Docsis 2 can do up to 38Mbps.
3. Don't know.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom to Mirin

Premium Member

to Mirin
Everybody has down time, saying no is just silly. If they are a Teksavvy wholesaler, the service level will be exactly the same as Teksavvy's.

I was asking about them just the other day in the Canadian Broadband forums:
»CIK Telecom advertising GTA cable service
Of course I'd forgotten what Rocky said in the thread you linked..

The real question is, why/how are they offering 50mbit/s cable? If Teksavvy wholesalers have it, why not Teksavvy core customers? CIK is not above misleading on the speeds they have available, as seen in this RFD thread:
»forums.redflagdeals.com/ ··· -856942/
HKPolice
join:2002-08-09
Scarborough, ON

HKPolice to Mirin

to Mirin
Could a TSI representative chime in here about their 50Mbit package? They're either blatantly lying or TSI is able to offer higher tiers to resellers.

neuromancer1
join:2007-01-22
York, ON

neuromancer1 to Mirin

to Mirin
I'd say according to this review you should stay far away.

»forums.redflagdeals.com/ ··· -856942/