spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

keeley

@mchsi.com

[MN] very slow internet speeds

changed from frontier dsl yesterday to the 12mbps Mediacom svc. For the first few hours I was averaging 11.6mbps...which is just dandy. This morning...I cannot even reach 1mbps...mostly around 0.56...which is darn close to dial-up. Not pleased with this at all. And let me add...this was at 4:00am this morning...not a busy time of the day.

k9iua6

join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA
kudos:1
keeley,
You should get registered on this site as a user, and then you can instant message the user MediacomChad, who is one of the good guys. If you IM him your account number, he can check things out.

But you should also realize that on the Mediacom system, the hours from midnight to either 5 or 6 a.m. local are considered the "maintenance window." The system can go offline unannounced if they are doing some maintenance at the head-end, the back-bone, or elsewhere that might affect internet.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:117
reply to keeley
When you have a moment, feel free to shoot me a message with your address or account information. I'll be happy to check into this issue.

keeleyson

join:2012-02-24
Mound, MN
Alright...gotta give credit where credit's due....called Mediacom yesterday about speed problem...kept bouncing between 11mbps and almost nothing. sent a tech out on time at 9am today...checked it out and said modem was shot...replaced it...and all is great now. When I had Mediacom TV in the past, the svc was awful...due, I think, to the local manager who would rather be on the tv with a pretty girl than do any work. Either he changed...or they changed him....but svc this time is excellent! Very please so far.

Boss302_1970

join:2009-12-11
excellent news!