Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Spare Me

@cogentco.com
reply to frdrizzt

Re: New iO TV packages

limegrass69 wrote:

"My guess would be more $$ for less channels.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm sure the new tier will co-incide with the HBO Go launch, as in grandfathered iO Silver people with HBO will not get it..."

I'm not sure what you meant by that, but uh..yeah since my parents already subscribe to HBO, no matter what Cablevision decides to do with the new packages, try explaining to me how it is that as you say "we won't get it?" Yes we will, all that's needed for HBO GO access is a subscription to HBO. Unlike your false claim, they can't possibly deny us that no matter what new packages come out, grandfathered in or not.

DownTheShore
Honoring The Captain
Premium
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ
kudos:13

Yes, they can.

Spare Me

@cogentco.com

Uh...no they can't, that's a law suit right there. Maybe it's not simple enough for you. In order to qualify for HBO GO all that is needed is a subscription to HBO through a participating cable provider. They can't turn around and say "Well you have HBO, but not in a qualifying package of our choosing" They can't do that.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

1 edit

said by Spare Me :

Uh...no they can't, that's a law suit right there. Maybe it's not simple enough for you. In order to qualify for HBO GO all that is needed is a subscription to HBO through a participating cable provider. They can't turn around and say "Well you have HBO, but not in a qualifying package of our choosing" They can't do that.

they can, and did

it probably also will include HBO/Cinemax OnDemand
Expand your moderator at work

DownTheShore
Honoring The Captain
Premium
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to Spare Me

Re: New iO TV packages

said by Spare Me :

I had the IO Silver package, grandfathered with HBO. CV moved HBO to the IO Gold package. It later made HBO On-Demand available free to HBO subscribers - but not to the folks who had HBO grandfathered on the Silver package. So yes, they can do whatever they want.
--
Patriotism is not waving a flag, it is living the ideals

I want to retire to the Isle of Sodor and ride the trains.