spc
uniqs

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

1 recommendation

Sunny to PeteC2

to PeteC2

Re: [Chat] You know you're gettin' old when...

I dream of moving out of this (too big for me) split level and downsizing big time. That will have to wait because of the economy and the way it has affected the "want-to-work" members of my family. For now I am the safety net for all and big house makes a place to land.

Anyway, should that dream eventually be realized (smaller home with much smaller yard to maintain), I don't think I'll include a sofa type piece of furniture. Maybe a loveseat, maybe, and a couple of recliners. (Pete, gurls like recliners, too.)

I would love to hear experience anyone has with recliners. I'm not sure about the rocker part, but I sure would appreciate the recliner part, yessssssss!

Of course I would need to make rules for myself, like "no reclining unless you've done your workouts."

Stooges Fan
I'm Trying To Think, But Nothing Happens
Premium Member
join:2002-10-18

2 recommendations

Stooges Fan

Premium Member

said by Sunny:

I would love to hear experience anyone has with recliners.

Without a doubt I would recommend going with recliners. (They are the best invention since Depends)
I would recommend Lazy Boy. Ours are 12 years old and look and feel like new. The main thing to look for is to make sure your legs are well supported when you kick back. If your calves overhang the support move on to the next model.
Lazy Boy works very well for me . I am 6'4" and my legs are well supported when reclined. I am sure other manufactures would work too, but I stopped looking when I found the one that worked for me.

Happy hunting.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

Sunny

Thank you! I really had no clue how to judge fit. At 5' 4.5" I prolly would need to move on from your model and wouldn't have known it, I'll bet.

jaynick
lit up
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI

1 recommendation

jaynick

Premium Member

No worries, my recliner worked well for my mother(RIP) at 5'5", and works great for Kathy who is 5'6 and me (6'3). I can sleep better in the recliner than the the sofa er couch!

Gizmo
Trust Me I'm a Professional
MVM
join:2000-08-19
In Your Mind
ARRIS NVG589

2 recommendations

Gizmo to Sunny

MVM

to Sunny

Old Folk...
said by Sunny:

I would love to hear experience anyone has with recliners. I'm not sure about the rocker part, but I sure would appreciate the recliner part, yessssssss!

Of course I would need to make rules for myself, like "no reclining unless you're old folk."

We have a recliner that rocks, spins, & also reclines............ weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

jaynick
lit up
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI

1 edit

1 recommendation

jaynick

Premium Member

Keep sorto away from spinning ones, we can't afford to let her get dizzy!

Gizmo
Trust Me I'm a Professional
MVM
join:2000-08-19
In Your Mind

Gizmo

MVM

Her middle name is Dizzy..............................

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

Sunny to Gizmo

to Gizmo
Somehow, Giz, I have no trouble picturing you in that contraption ... somehow.
Sunny

2 recommendations

Sunny to Gizmo

to Gizmo
said by Gizmo:

Her middle name is Dizzy..............................

Actually, I prefer Ditzy, thank you very much.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

PeteC2 to Sunny

MVM

to Sunny
said by Sunny:

(Pete, gurls like recliners, too.)

Yep, my mom simply loves hers! Anne is more of the sofa-lovin' women variety...which works out well for both of us
PeteC2

PeteC2 to Stooges Fan

MVM

to Stooges Fan
said by Stooges Fan:

Without a doubt I would recommend going with recliners. (They are the best invention since Depends)
I would recommend Lazy Boy. Ours are 12 years old and look and feel like new. The main thing to look for is to make sure your legs are well supported when you kick back. If your calves overhang the support move on to the next model.
Lazy Boy works very well for me . I am 6'4" and my legs are well supported when reclined. I am sure other manufactures would work too, but I stopped looking when I found the one that worked for me.

Happy hunting.

Good advice, thanks! (although the depends part kind of scares me )

I am not nearly as tall as you are, but at 6'1", yes, the depth/length is an important factor. My real concern is how well whichever I pick holds up. I hear a lot of complaints about recliners that start out well, but don't hold up either due to the materials or the reclining mechanism.