spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Kamakzie
join:2001-08-13
Cedar Springs, MI

Kamakzie

[General] I keep hearing about VZ bringing out a home wifi plan

I heard it in a thread here in this subforum plus in the satellite forum that Verizon will be coming out with a LTE home residential plan with larger caps for home use. Is this just vapor ware or are there some news stories confirming this? I hope its true but I'm skeptical.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

Re: [General] I keep hearing about VZ bringing out a home wifi p

Mainly stories about Verizon testing equipment. There are also stories about Verizon teaming up with DirecTV and Dish Network. In theory, Verizon could beat the value offered by the new Exede satellite internet service by the use of LTE. Maybe 30GB per month for $90 at LTE speeds with 2 year contract. Equipment and basic install would be without upfront charge. This is similar to the satellite TV way of doing things. This would only happen after the entire LTE network equals the old EVDO 3G network. They also see it as a way to get some of the federal funding for providing broadband to areas with no broadband providers. Right now they are focused on figuring out how to build out the LTE network and keep it functional a higher percentage of the time. The LTE network build out will not be totally complete until at least January 2015, so we have another 3 years to wait and see what will happen.