join:2011-10-27
Montreal, QC
reply to LanAdmin

Re: [Internet] Comparaison des IISP par câble au Qué

GuiGQc

join:2012-02-22
Gatineau, QC
reply to GuiGQc

Merci pour la mise à jour les boys, j'ai mis à jour les prix pour la promotion temporaire (rabais de 10$/mois, qui semble être un rabais permanent) de CIK. Leur nouveau site web est pas mal plus user-friendly (pour desktop entouka).

GuiGQc

Gatineau, QC
reply to GuiGQc

Ajout du FAI: Altima
J'ai aussi ajouté à Acanac comme quoi, tout comme Altima, le rabais sur le tarif mensuel nécessite que l'année soit pré-payée.

marchand13

@bell.ca
reply to GuiGQc

haha cest telllement trop vrai

»www.momocello.com/bell-vs-distributel/

decranez

join:2010-08-22
Gatineau, Qc
reply to GuiGQc

Distributel ont augmenté leurs prix:
5mbps: 39.95$
10mbps: 51.95
20mbps: 62.95
30mbps:69.95

GuiGQc

Gatineau, QC
reply to marchand13

said by marchand13 :

haha cest telllement trop vrai

»www.momocello.com/bell-vs-distributel/

"Le P2P est limité à 25kb/s de 18h à 2h OULALA-LALA!!!" C'est toujours le cas? On parle quand même d'un article qui date de 2009-02-17...

said by decranez:

Distributel ont augmenté leurs prix:
5mbps: 39.95$
10mbps: 51.95
20mbps: 62.95
30mbps:69.95

Merci, je vais mettre à jour.

Seb851
Future Shop Staff

join:2010-07-12
Sainte-Marthe-Sur-Le-Lac, QC
reply to GuiGQc

Bell on arrêté de limité la vitesse des p2p depuis fin 2011 et leur revendeur aussi son plus limité

Aussi en 2009 distributel offrais pas internet par cable

GuiGQc

Gatineau, QC

said by Seb851:

Bell on arrêté de limité la vitesse des p2p depuis fin 2011 et leur revendeur aussi son plus limité

Il me semblait aussi, y'a eu tellement de planites contre ça que la plupart des ISP ne throttle plus. Y'en reste tu encore au Canada?

Seb851
Future Shop Staff

join:2010-07-12
Sainte-Marthe-Sur-Le-Lac, QC

said by GuiGQc:

said by Seb851:

Il me semblait aussi, y'a eu tellement de planites contre ça que la plupart des ISP ne throttle plus. Y'en reste tu encore au Canada?

Ils avais Rogers mais je sais pas si ils limite encore et peux être Shaw

Pardesi

join:2013-03-06
reply to GuiGQc

Comment est le service de CIK et Altima ? est ce qu'ils throttle a l'heure de pointe ?

Est ce que c'est un vrai illimité ?

J'allais m abonnées chez EBox quand j'ai vu les illimité de ces 2 fournissuer au meme prix que Ebox 500 go (20 ou 30 mpbs).

Qu'est ce que vous me consiellez svp ?

Merci

How is CIK and Altima service ? Do they throttle at peak hours ?

Also is the truly unlimited or there is some BS fair policy ?

I was going to get Ebox but then I saw that these 2 ISP have unlimited for same price for 20 or 30 Mbps

Please advise what will be best option ?

Thanks

phreshive

join:2013-02-20
Cote Saint-Luc, QC
Reviews:
·Acanac

Pardesi,
Just transferred to Acanac. Read my review (»User reviews - Acanac). No throttling of any kind despite what the website says. Others online have mentioned same. Exact same connection I had before with Videotron.

pldube

join:2011-06-11
canada
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
·TekSavvy Cable
·Videotron
reply to Pardesi

said by Pardesi:

Comment est le service de CIK et Altima ? est ce qu'ils throttle a l'heure de pointe ?

Est ce que c'est un vrai illimité ?

J'allais m abonnées chez EBox quand j'ai vu les illimité de ces 2 fournissuer au meme prix que Ebox 500 go (20 ou 30 mpbs).

Qu'est ce que vous me consiellez svp ?

Merci

How is CIK and Altima service ? Do they throttle at peak hours ?

Also is the truly unlimited or there is some BS fair policy ?

I was going to get Ebox but then I saw that these 2 ISP have unlimited for same price for 20 or 30 Mbps

Please advise what will be best option ?

Thanks

»Company entry - CIKTEL Telecom

Pardesi

reply to phreshive

Looking at the Acanac huge number of bad reveiws and there own forum only fill with good reveiw show how honest and goot ISP is Acanac lol I prefer to avoid them.

Pldube thanks for the link but only 8 reviews and none from Quebec Hope someone who use them in quebec can help

GuiGQc

Gatineau, QC
reply to GuiGQc

If Quebec reviews are important to you like it was important to me, eBox is your best bet.

I've been very satisfied with them.

I added CIK and Altima because they're on Vidéotron's network as well, but they're fairly small and I haven't personally heard anything from them appart from the erviews on this site.

phreshive

Cote Saint-Luc, QC
Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to Pardesi

If you take a more analytical approach to reading the reviews of the various TPIAs, you'll notice most issues are with users not understanding the underlying technology and functionality of DSL speed variances. Cable speed is also inconsistent in Ontario. Quebec reviews for cable are consistently positive. Those two factors combined account for most if not all of the complaints for each provider.

Just remember the speed of your connection is dependent on the underlying carrier and wouldn't worry whichever TPIA you choose to go with since you are piggybacking off of Videotron.

GuiGQc

Gatineau, QC

said by phreshive:

If you take a more analytical approach to reading the reviews of the various TPIAs, you'll notice most issues are with users not understanding the underlying technology and functionality of DSL speed variances. Cable speed is also inconsistent in Ontario. Quebec reviews for cable are consistently positive. Those two factors combined account for most if not all of the complaints for each provider.

Just remember the speed of your connection is dependent on the underlying carrier and wouldn't worry whichever TPIA you choose to go with since you are piggybacking off of Videotron.

That is not true at all.
1) Most reviews from Acanac has nothing to do with the DSL connexion. A lot of the bad review are for the bad customer service, poor installation coordination, bad tech support, false pre-sales information, poor connexion reliability resulting in a bad overall service.

2) the TPIA has a lot of responsibility in the speed of your connexion.

LanAdmin

join:2010-11-07
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·voip.ms
reply to phreshive

said by phreshive:

You are right.

Pardesi

reply to GuiGQc

Agree with GuiGQc , when i read the reviews that's what I noticed too. They seem to have the worst service of any company out there. Also they are very very dishonest they don't allow any negaitve comment on their forum it is even part of the posting rules.

phreshive

Cote Saint-Luc, QC
Reviews:
·Acanac

I couldn't find a single complaint for users in Quebec on cable. If you require hand holding plugging in a RJ45 cable or have difficulty reading terms and conditions on a website related to billing, look elsewhere and pay the premium per month for "service".

pducharme

join:2010-06-29
Sherbrooke, QC
reply to GuiGQc

I switched to Acanac from EBOX 6-7 months ago, when they were talking about their future IPTV. I never had a single problem. I'm on the 30Mbps Service since the beginning and speed is awesome. Never had the throttling they advertised. My only complains is that the iptv (Zazeen) is not yet available because of continuous delays with the Media agglomerates to obtains rights for the mandatory channels that CRTC force them to carry.

phreshive

Cote Saint-Luc, QC
reply to GuiGQc

GuiGQc: TSI on finalement fait la mise a jour de leur prix sur leur site web

GuiGQc

Gatineau, QC

said by phreshive:

GuiGQc: TSI on finalement fait la mise a jour de leur prix sur leur site web

Merci, voici mes mises à jour pour Teksavvy:

- Les modifications de tarifs (certaines augmentations jusqu'à 15$/mois) ont été mises à jour
- Pour les forfaits avec plafond de surconsommation, le plafond a été aumgenté à 50,00 $ / mois (au lieu de 25$)
- Leur 8/1 a aussi été mis à jour pour 10/1,5
- Nouvelles vitesses TGV 60 et 120 ont été ajouté **sans plafond de surconsomamtion

phreshive

Cote Saint-Luc, QC

I think the proper term for this in French is "fourrage"

Lebon14

join:2009-08-05
Dolbeau-Mistassini, QC

said by phreshive:

I think the proper term for this in French is "fourrage"

You are close but the exact phrase is "se faire fourrer"

I will update my spreadsheet with those update :
- CIK Promotions
- New ISP : Altima
- Teksavvy : Overage charges.
- Vidéotron : TGV 15

...when I feel like it.
--
Eurobeat and B'z forever.

GuiGQc

Gatineau, QC

said by Lebon14:

I will update my spreadsheet with those update :
- CIK Promotions
- New ISP : Altima
- Teksavvy : Overage charges.
- Vidéotron : TGV 15

...when I feel like it.

I'll add TGV 15 once it'S added to Vidéotron's website.
Other than that, am I mising anything?

phreshive

Cote Saint-Luc, QC
Reviews:
·Acanac

Slight typo only valid until the 20th: Videotron 120/20 and 200/30 @ $189.95 and $239.95 should be listed as unlimited.

Other than that, on the 17th, despite websites probably not being updated, the 10MBps upload rate already seen by all TPIAs.

GuiGQc

Gatineau, QC

said by phreshive:

Slight typo only valid until the 20th: Videotron 120/20 and 200/30 @ $189.95 and $239.95 should be listed as unlimited.

Thanks, fixed.

said by phreshive:

Other than that, on the 17th, despite websites probably not being updated, the 10MBps upload rate already seen by all TPIAs.

In most cities, yes. I'll wait until Vidéotron confirms everyone has it on their website. Same thing with other ISP and their old speed.

GuiGQc

Gatineau, QC
reply to GuiGQc

Ajout de la vitesse TGV15 chez Vidéotron
Mises à jour des nouvelles vitesses en amont de 10Mbit sur les forfaits TGV. La plupart des autres fournisseurs l'offrent aussi. Je mettrai leur information à jour une fois que leur site web le sera.

GuiGQc

Gatineau, QC
reply to GuiGQc

Merci à K2000 opur l'avoir remarqué.

Vidéotron a enlevé sa date limite du 20 avril pour le bloc illimité. Dorenavent, "L'offre est sujette à changement sans préavis."

GuiGQc

Gatineau, QC
reply to GuiGQc

Ajout du FAI VMedia, qui offre 5, 10 et 15 Mbit.