uniqs
share rss forum feed

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
reply to CableTool

Re: [Cable Card] My "Comcastic Experience": No Cable C

I see you didn't notice comcast and cox are working with tivo to get ondemand working with retail tivo's

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium
join:2004-11-12
said by ajwees41:

I see you didn't notice comcast and cox are working with tivo to get ondemand working with retail tivo's

I did notice.
I see you didnt notice this ISNT the first attempt at working with Tivo on this.
--
CableTechs.org/"Horrible People with Integrity"

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
but this will be tivo hardware not motorola hardware, so they will have to come up with 2 way communications for ondemand to work

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium
join:2004-11-12
It doesnt have to be Moto Hardware.
This has much less to do with "getting it to work" and more to do with contractual specifics.
--
CableTechs.org/"Horrible People with Integrity"

GTFan

join:2004-12-03
Tivo has announced that OnDemand will be trialed in San Fran starting next month, and will be rolled out to all Tivo Premiere/Elite boxes after that.

Robyn5

join:2012-03-09
reply to wolfofone
So I wonder if the OP ever got his cable card installed? FWIW - I have 2 TVs that can use cable cards - and gave up on the cards about 3-4 years ago. At the time - all cable card installations in my area could only be done by techs. And the techs hated the cable cards because they rarely saw them - and *their* phone support when doing installations was often inadequate.

FWIW - I never got the impression that Comcast disliked the cards. After all - it was getting its money. As of today - the biggest downside of cable cards - at least for me - would be the absence of the on-screen program guide (no way I can remember all those stations and my cable card TVs are both "one way"). Robyn

wolfofone

join:2012-02-22
united state
reply to Russ6
interesting, I'll take a look at it tonight .