Premium
join:2001-12-30
USA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

1 recommendation

$8 Billion For This?

That's a lot of money to spend to get the type of customers Metro has been pandering to. I doubt if any of their current customers can qualify for a contract with any cell carrier.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDWLWKAGUGU

--
Charlie Rangel/ Gov. Rod Blagojevich 2012 Dem Ticket Honesty is the Dem policy!
"Anyone making under $2 billion is not rich!" Poverty is the Rep policy!

OhReally

@alter.net
Nice to see racism is alive and well even on a site like this. Yeah, because everyone knows just because someone has a different color skin they must all be poor and on a prepaid phone because they can't get a postpaid one.
Not only is that display your racism, it also displays your ignorance: only those with the absolute worst credit cannot get a postpaid cell phone...virtually all carriers will allow you to get one if you put up a deposit (typically of $150-$250, depending upon the phone and plan). Yes, that is a lot of money but considering you have to pay a non discounted price for a phone on prepaid plans the difference is minimal.

inteller
Sociopaths always win.

join:2003-12-08
Tulsa, OK

1 recommendation

said by OhReally :

Nice to see racism is alive and well even on a site like this. Yeah, because everyone knows just because someone has a different color skin they must all be poor and on a prepaid phone because they can't get a postpaid one.
Not only is that display your racism, it also displays your ignorance: only those with the absolute worst credit cannot get a postpaid cell phone...virtually all carriers will allow you to get one if you put up a deposit (typically of $150-$250, depending upon the phone and plan). Yes, that is a lot of money but considering you have to pay a non discounted price for a phone on prepaid plans the difference is minimal.

um, he was just playing a MetroPCS commercial. The people in it represent the customer MetroPCS wants...how is he racist for just playing their own commercial. If I play a Mcdonald's commercial with black people in it that makes me racist?
--
"WHEN THE LAUGH TRACK STARTS THEN THE FUN STARTS!"

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
reply to OhReally
He was telling the truth. MetroPcs caters to that particular market. In many areas, boost mobile does the same. It's not being racist. It's knowing your market!

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
reply to inteller
It was racist in how his remarks were "I doubt if any of their current customers can qualify for a contract with any cell carrier" suggesting the demographics portrayed in the commercial are a bad credit risk. While I have a white finance professor that has a prepaid phone, is he a bad credit risk? NO he simply can't justify the cost of a subsidized monthly contract phone with how little he calls.

michieru
Premium
join:2009-07-25
Miami, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast Business..

1 recommendation

reply to Lone Wolf
Although I would admit there advertisement sucks, it's beyond ignorant to say that those customers who go to MetroPCS are those who don't qualify for a contract.

What I actually find hysterical is how people who use AT&T, Verizon, and T-mobile and pay over $60 per month on services yet don't even get unlimited data, still are under minutes that they track, and are locked into a two year contract because "those who can afford and qualify for postpaid" cannot even afford the cost of the phone up front most of the time. It's a joke.

I live in Miami so MetroPCS is a excellent option for me, I do travel, and my phone has worked from Miami, to Lewiston Maine, and as far west as San Antonio, Texas. I am more than likely roaming when I do travel, but at the end of the day I don't get any roaming charges and I still pay my $45 LTE plan. In short I am taking advantage of the same great coverage you postpaid customers enjoy without paying a dime really into it.

AT&T keeps sending me promos saying I qualify for up to 4+ lines and they go straight to my shredder.

Maybe this country needs to think twice about what they are blowing money on before saying ignorant comments like "I doubt if any of their current customers can qualify for a contract with any cell carrier."

sexcho

join:2009-08-14
you have it so completely wrong, I guess that's why MetroPOS still adds customers..

You don't get the same coverage as postpaid customers for free. Sprint native coverage is decidedly prepaid coverage but even lower than that, 1X. Sprint postpaid customers get free Verizon roaming.

T-Mobile's Monthly 4G plans are absolutely worth every penny over MetroPOS's garbage LTE and 1X network "unlimited" offerings.

AT&T MVNO's offer $45-50 unlimited plans

Sprint's Boost Mobile has unlimited plans for $55 but not recommended due to their slow 3G speeds...

etc.

MetroPCS is a joke, so is the native coverage, LTE speeds, and customer service. The plans are not the best, especially with all of those fees you get charged for stuff you get done for free with Sprint/T-Mobile/Verizon/AT&T.

michieru
Premium
join:2009-07-25
Miami, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast Business..
"You don't get the same coverage as postpaid customers for free." I guess I don't give a shit because my phone still works for the places I go and then some. Maybe some people just don't have good coverage in there area and the MetroPCS isn't a option because they don't even exist in that market. Regardless my service works and it works well.

T-mobile has a good network but I still get a better price with MetroPCS and it serves my needs. I don't agree with T-mobile's capped service, nor do I agree with paying 104.99 per month for service, and this is the value plans. Yes I get slower speeds on MetroPCS LTE, but my service is unlimited at $45.

Customer service can be a joke sometimes but these days it seems that's just across the board. At least my service is more stable and consistant than the entire 4G LTE network going offline thanks to the holy grail Verzion.

Enjoy paying your dues, I think MetroPCS is a great service for the price I pay and options I have. I would hate to see them go the same route the big three went.