spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mudturtle74
join:2007-06-29
Killen, AL

mudturtle74

[DIRECTV] TV APPS and YouTube not working

I got the new guide update about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I show that there are TV APPs and YouTube in the Extra section, but I can't get them to work. TV APPs gives me a message "TV APPs is still initializing, Please try again later (301)" YouTube gives me the message "YouTube is currently updating. Please check back in 1 hour." I have been seeing these messages for 4 or 5 days now. I am connected to internet connection and can connect to Pandora music and video on demand movies, so this tells me that my internet is at least partially working. Is this a problem on my end, or is this something that has to run it's course and eventually update with time? I am using a HR24/100 DVR with software version 0x59e. I have not called Directv support yet.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

Do you have a modem or router with activity lights showing something is actually happening when you do try?
westdc
join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA

westdc to mudturtle74

to mudturtle74
Step one -from the remote -Press -menu -info& test-Run system-does everything pass?

Step two -open the access card door and press the red button (reset) allow the receiver to fully reboot and then try your Apps now?

mudturtle74
Killen, AL

mudturtle74 to Hayward0

to Hayward0
I'm using a router with cable connected to DVR. I can't really tell if there is activity or not, router is in another room.
mudturtle74

mudturtle74 to westdc

to westdc
Step one: The only thing that shows up abnormal is the phone line is not connected. I don't have a phone line connected.

Under the More System Info: It shows for STB Services Port, it has a yellow triangle, with "N/A (301) "

Step two: I have tried resetting the DVR and the router both. No change after a reboot.
westdc
Amissville, VA

westdc

it shows for STB Services Port, it has a yellow triangle, with "N/A (301)

You need to adjust your router/and or firewall Settings enable unp (open ports) 27177 & 27178 See your router manual for info.

look at more systen info (yournetwork numbers may be different)

ipaddress:192 X x X X X

Subnet mast: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.X.x.X.X
DNS: 75.X.X.X>X
STB Services port : 27177
Audio service port: 27178

Network :Connected

Any issue of the above will block your DVR from the internet and those setting are not provided by D*.

mudturtle74
Killen, AL

mudturtle74

Whooo Hooo!!! Got it working!

I ended up bypassing the router by feeding the modem cable straight to the DVR, ran the advance connection, and it worked. So, I put it back on the router, reconnected again, and it found the right numbers. Thanks for all your help. This has been a pill to get working for sure.
westdc
Amissville, VA

westdc

Glad you got it fixed-easy isn't