lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87 to jchambers28

to jchambers28

Re: [AR] reallly slow internet

said by jchambers28:

Chris is CoxTech1 BTW

Yes I know his name is Chris, I drive him crazy a lot over ongoing issue's, like the upstream problem I have been dealing with for a while. I wish my upstream issue's would stop, because I do feel bad bothering him all the time. Also one other local cox guy I drive crazy, and I appreciate all the help from him as well. Because both of them have been threw hell with me over trying to figure out the source of spotty upstream issue's.

jchambers28
Premium Member
join:2007-05-12
Peculiar, MO

jchambers28

Premium Member

will moving back to a Docsis 2.0 modem fix the problemb?
until I require more speed?
lilstone87
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by jchambers28:

will moving back to a Docsis 2.0 modem fix the problemb?
until I require more speed?

Well its possible if that one channel is the cause of your issue's, and the d2 modem locks onto one of the other channels. But then your back to being on a single downstream channel, and speed will factor depending on the bandwidth usage on that channel.

jchambers28
Premium Member
Peculiar, MO
·Comcast XFINITY

jchambers28

Premium Member

I spent 20 minutes on hold for tier 1 support. went threw all the trouble shooting BS with them. They wanted to send a tech out for $35 I said no. I said I wanted a tier 2 rep. I got transferred 2 a tier 2 rep. He asked me what brand of splitters I was using. I told him Holland. He said there is your problem he said they are low quality splitters. I went in to my box of Regal splitters I used when I was a cable tech for TW replaced them with Regal splitters and my troubles are gone and my speed is back. Thanks to the tier 2 support for the help. So if u have cheap splitters get rid of them and get some regal splitters.
lilstone87
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by jchambers28:

I spent 20 minutes on hold for tier 1 support. went threw all the trouble shooting BS with them. They wanted to send a tech out for $35 I said no. I said I wanted a tier 2 rep. I got transferred 2 a tier 2 rep. He asked me what brand of splitters I was using. I told him Holland. He said there is your problem he said they are low quality splitters. I went in to my box of Regal splitters I used when I was a cable tech for TW replaced them with Regal splitters and my troubles are gone and my speed is back. Thanks to the tier 2 support for the help. So if u have cheap splitters get rid of them and get some regal splitters.

LOL I could of told you that, always troubleshoot your own stuff first. Meaning check for bad cabling, loose connections, and use quality splitters if they are needed. I have a few splitters I keep that I have collected over time from cox, which the splitters the techs use are normally of good quality. 99% of splitters from the store are junk, so I have always stayed away from them. One quick question, how is that channel 79 looking now?

jchambers28
Premium Member
Peculiar, MO
·Comcast XFINITY

jchambers28 to lilstone87

Premium Member

to lilstone87
Click for full size
what do u think? I will be using my regal splitters I got from TW from now on. The splitters that came with the phone modem are junk. The phone modem is gone and so is the splitters that came with it. Why does cox include junk splitters with phone modem self installs?
lilstone87
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by jchambers28:

what do u think? I will be using my regal splitters I got from TW from now on. The splitters that came with the phone modem are junk. The phone modem is gone and so is the splitters that came with it.

Things look much better now, and as long as it stays that way, even your signal levels look a little better then before. Hopefully this solved your problem for good. Yesterday I replaced the main cable running to my modem, because of the issue I am still having. So now everything is brand new from the tap to the eMTA modem(including modem). I am hoping I can get lucky, and my issue's become a thing of the past.

jchambers28
Premium Member
Peculiar, MO

jchambers28

Premium Member

Thanks for all your help every one.

ikyuaoki
join:2011-04-12
Wichita, KS

1 edit

ikyuaoki to jchambers28

to jchambers28
I don't deal with the phone support anymore, I usually PMing to the Coxtech1 if I have any problems on this broadbandreports.com site here. And I made some adjusted my windows advanced firewall to permitting the internet floods to spills into my computer from the cable internet and voila! it works.

jchambers28
Premium Member
Peculiar, MO
·Comcast XFINITY

jchambers28

Premium Member

Click for full size
It's back again. I called tech support. They offered me a new modem for $50 for being a 6 year customer I took them up on the offer If that does not fix the issue I will resell it and get me a Cisco dpc 3010. They only sell sb6120 modems here. I live in a APT cox charges $30 for a tech visit because APTS are difficult to trouble shoot.
lilstone87
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by jchambers28:

It's back again. I called tech support. They offered me a new modem for $50 for being a 6 year customer I took them up on the offer If that does not fix the issue I will resell it and get me a Cisco dpc 3010. They only sell sb6120 modems here.

You already know what I suggest you do next, and that's PM Chris, and have him look into things regarding channel 79. Because there is issue's somewhere causing problems on that channel, and it needs to be corrected.

jchambers28
Premium Member
Peculiar, MO

jchambers28

Premium Member

I will do that tomorrow when he comes in. I have a message waiting for him in his inbox.
jchambers28

jchambers28

Premium Member

why does cox phone tech support have very limited resources?

ikyuaoki
Wichita, KS

ikyuaoki

Short answer is: We don't know what Cox has limited phone support resources or maybe they are not technicially savvy enough I guess, there are only technicial savvy Cox tech support is here on the broadbandreports.com site here i'm satified with the Coxtech1 PM in a privately. no fuss issues over PM in conversation discussion.

jchambers28
Premium Member
Peculiar, MO

jchambers28

Premium Member

we need more people like Coxtech1

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to jchambers28

Premium Member

to jchambers28
said by jchambers28:

All I know is I am dealing with shit for brains phone support and not getting where and keep getting hung up on.

Welcome to the wonderful world of cox phone support.
Speed issues usually work themselves out if your modem signals haven't tanked. i usually give it at least a week[let others deal with cox phone people] and it'll work out.
dvd536

dvd536 to lilstone87

Premium Member

to lilstone87
said by lilstone87:

said by jchambers28:

been on hold for 30 min getting pissed. Oh how I miss TWC in times like these.

Yeah whenever I call support for help, once you select support for the service you need help with. It sends you to the auto system that trys to help with simple issue's. After it ask what you need help with, I always just hit 0, which it ask do you want to speak with a rep, and I say Yes. I don't have time to deal with a machine that can't help me what so ever.

Everytime i've tried that it just sends you to an extension that seems inactive then hangs up shortly thereafter.

jchambers28
Premium Member
Peculiar, MO

jchambers28

Premium Member

What do the techs have to do to get ultimate working. I am thinking about getting ultimate pretty soon. Pro install is still required here.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to jchambers28

Premium Member

to jchambers28
said by jchambers28:

Why does cox include junk splitters with phone modem self installs?

My guess: include crap splitters with self install so they can get a "failed install truck roll" fee and only have to swap the crap splitter with a quality one. fast easy money that costs nowhere near what they're charging you!

Commscope SV-2G is what they give out here. I have a drawer full of them from splitter tech visits

ikyuaoki
Wichita, KS

ikyuaoki to jchambers28

to jchambers28
I remember that you was on Ultimate tier already? Pro install required??? what a waste of money additional, second time right?

jchambers28
Premium Member
Peculiar, MO

jchambers28

Premium Member

I had it for a month as a free promo. No pro install required at the time. Now they want a pro install. That was 2 years ago.
It never worked right I never got the speed I would be paying for.
I want to give it another try.

ikyuaoki
Wichita, KS

ikyuaoki

I see. not that in my case, there is nope of pro install is required I hear, if I wants to make move my tier a sider to ultimate be upgrade from primer tier and that's it.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to jchambers28

Premium Member

to jchambers28
said by jchambers28:

What do the techs have to do to get ultimate working. I am thinking about getting ultimate pretty soon. Pro install is still required here.

"Because we can" BS
just a fyi: if you're constantly not getting premiere speeds, upgrading to ultimate isn't going to help you[other than a higher data cap]

ikyuaoki
Wichita, KS

2 edits

ikyuaoki to jchambers28

to jchambers28
Give it a try with ultimate second time, if that does nothing worked out for you then must be your software setup issues and that must be a poor optimization issues also. But if you don't want to mess with the windows variable registry settings then go back to preferred or premier either and please don't try change back to ultimate anymore okay?

[EDIT] That ultimate tier is an optional, it is purpose designed for professional users or tweaker users either.

I tried with Ultimate tier before and that was worked for me very well and I went back to premier since Ultimate is too pricy to fit my income pretty limited.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to jchambers28

Premium Member

to jchambers28
said by jchambers28:

I had it for a month as a free promo. No pro install required at the time. Now they want a pro install. That was 2 years ago.
It never worked right I never got the speed I would be paying for.
I want to give it another try.

I had ultimate for a few months[never got what i was paying for(other than the 400gb cap)]

if you're on a oversold node, FORGET ultimate!

jchambers28
Premium Member
Peculiar, MO

jchambers28

Premium Member

I wish i was rich I would buy one of these.

»www.techtoolsupply.com/P ··· de=DM800

ikyuaoki
Wichita, KS

ikyuaoki

dream on, and I suggest you to work with windows vista or 7 to optimizing your direct internet connection though the registry editing (adding TCP/IP parameter settings entry created) and netsh commands also in order to improve your connection of an optimization.

jchambers28
Premium Member
Peculiar, MO

jchambers28

Premium Member

It's not going to get fixed until retransmits are fixed.

ikyuaoki
Wichita, KS

ikyuaoki

What's point about retransmits? I have lots of retransmitting, that is not a issues, my optimization setup have been worked so perfectly.

jchambers28
Premium Member
Peculiar, MO

1 edit

jchambers28

Premium Member

I have a tech coming out I live in a apt all they can do is check the lines out side. To check the lines inside cox wants $40 which I do not have. They said a modem would be cheaper. Why does cox want so much to work on apartment buildings.