hayc59
Your a Daisy
Premium Member
join:2001-02-26

5 recommendations

hayc59

Premium Member

WinPatrol v24.3.2012

WinPatrol allows you to get a better understanding of what programs are being added to your computer. It monitors important system areas that are commonly altered by many malicious programs. This includes the startup groups (registry and startup folder), cookies and active tasks. You can terminate processes and enable or disable startup programs. The cookie monitoring option allows you to automatically delete cookies based on a keyword found in the cookie name. Additional features include a WHOIS lookup tool and an option to alert you on changes. WinPatrol is easy to understand, yet quiet powerful.
As a robust SECURITY MONITOR , WinPatrol will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. WinPatrol PLUS includes our unique R.I.D. technology. As a MULTI PURPOSE SUPPORT UTILITY WinPatrol replaces multiple system utilities with its enhanced functionality.

WinPatrol v24.3.2012 Released
Date: February 24th 2012

What's New?
• Most changes are technical, addressing bug fixes and changes based on suggested from contacts at Microsoft.
• One change in particular was to remove some of the assembler/machine code which was useless on 64 bit versions of Windows.

More Info l Download: WinPatrol

CCat
We're all quite mad here
MVM
join:2005-12-06
Wonderland

1 recommendation

CCat

MVM

Updated...Thanks G

hayc59
Your a Daisy
Premium Member

hayc59

Premium Member

You are very welcome

KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR

2 recommendations

KoRnGtL15 to hayc59

Premium Member

to hayc59
Thanks for the update. Using windows 7 64 bit. Closed WP and installed over the top of previous version. Restarted. WP was not starting with pc. Looked under uninstall programs and see 2 versions. Previous and new version. Uninstalled both. Followed by a reboot. Reinstalled latest version and it is fine. Seems lately. Always running into install issues when upgrading with the last 3 versions or so on 64 bit systems. My advice. Close WP. Uninstall it and reboot. Then install latest version.

hayc59
Your a Daisy
Premium Member

hayc59

Premium Member

Thank You Corrine for this hint
quote:
Note: If you've already updated, launch WinPatrol and check the "Automatically run
WinPatrol when computer starts" box on the Options tab.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

Dustyn to KoRnGtL15

Premium Member

to KoRnGtL15
said by KoRnGtL15:

Thanks for the update. Using windows 7 64 bit. Closed WP and installed over the top of previous version. Restarted. WP was not starting with pc. Looked under uninstall programs and see 2 versions. Previous and new version. Uninstalled both. Followed by a reboot. Reinstalled latest version and it is fine. Seems lately. Always running into install issues when upgrading with the last 3 versions or so on 64 bit systems. My advice. Close WP. Uninstall it and reboot. Then install latest version.

I have reported this very same bug COUNTLESS times. When it is fixed in a minor incremental release, it re-appears in the next version. Annoying at best but, I just come to expect it as a bug that won't get fixed.
Dustyn

1 recommendation

Dustyn to hayc59

Premium Member

to hayc59
Thanks for the update!

jmorlan
Hmm... That's funny.
MVM
join:2001-02-05
Pacifica, CA
ARRIS BGW210-700
Obihai OBi200

jmorlan to hayc59

MVM

to hayc59
Thanks hayc59 See Profile. Got it and had the same issue as others. After the update, needed to manually check the box to get it to start with Windows/

DownTheShore
Pray for Ukraine
Premium Member
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ

DownTheShore to hayc59

Premium Member

to hayc59
Just as an aside:

I decided with this update to do a clean install of WinPatrol, and when I went to the Programs & Features section of the Vista Control Panel, I was surprised to see that I had two instances of WinPatrol showing (there was no version indicator to differentiate them). First time I had ever seen that happen with this program.

Pentangle
With our thoughts we make the world.
Premium Member
join:2006-06-01
Vancouver BC

Pentangle to hayc59

Premium Member

to hayc59
Thanks G...got the Plus.

LoPhatPhuud
MVM
join:2002-01-06
Albuquerque, NM

2 edits

1 recommendation

LoPhatPhuud to hayc59

MVM

to hayc59
Strange happenings here.

I installed the latest version on top of current version on Win 7 Ult x64, fully patched.

The option to 'Start at Windows startup' was already checked. If I turn it off, it turns back on. I don't want WinPatrol loading with Windows.

In Add/Remove Programs, I too, had two entries. Removed both and for the time will leave WinPatrol uninstalled.

I'll do some more checking on my netbook (Win 7 Pro) which also has it installed.

Update: On Win 7 Pro, x32, installed over prior version. No issue with selecting/deselecting run at Windows startup. But there are three entries in Add/Remove Programs. Must have had one before.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN

Dustyn

Premium Member

I also experienced this same issue.
If it's this common, I would expect a minor update sometime soon.

KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR

KoRnGtL15

Premium Member

Seems like QA might be slipping over at WP. Either that. Or 64 bit is not cared for like 32 bit.

jadinolf
I love you Fred
Premium Member
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA

jadinolf to hayc59

Premium Member

to hayc59
Thank you G.

You look quite well today.

hayc59
Your a Daisy