Premium Member
join:2007-05-12
Peculiar, MO
·Comcast XFINITY

jchambers28 to lilstone87

Premium Member

to lilstone87

Re: [AR] reallly slow internet

I called support they told me I need a new modem WTF I just got it 2 years ago. I think phone support is clueless. What will replacing modems accomplish besides pissing away money I don't want to spend. I would not mid having a new 8 channel but Motorola does not make them at all.
lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by jchambers28:

I called support they told me I need a new modem WTF I just got it 2 years ago. I think phone support is clueless. What will replacing modems accomplish besides pissing away money I don't want to spend. I would not mid having a new 8 channel but Motorola does not make them at all.

My question to you, has that channel 79 been adding up codewords since you notice this problem happening? Because if so, I put money that's where your problem is. Also I would bring it to the attention of cox, if the above is happening regarding codewords on that channel.

jchambers28
Premium Member
Peculiar, MO

jchambers28

Premium Member

it's been adding code words for a lonnnnnnnng time

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to jchambers28

Premium Member

to jchambers28
said by jchambers28:

the moto 6180 is 8 channel as is the cisco DPC3010.
a new 8 channel modem isn't going to fix your issue if your area is only 4 channel.
lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87 to jchambers28

to jchambers28
said by jchambers28:

it's been adding code words for a lonnnnnnnng time

Well if codewords on all channels were looking close together, I wouldn't point to the channel being a problem. But there is a big difference in codewords between the rest of the downstream channels. So that channel has to be a cause for concern, and makes me wonder if there is some kind of noise issue or something else affecting that channel at times. I wish there was a tech in your market that visited these forums, and could help look into this for you. But that's not the case, however I suggest maybe bringing this up to CoxTech1 See Profile, he should be back on here sunday.

jchambers28
Premium Member
Peculiar, MO

jchambers28

Premium Member

By the way they moved phone support to Omaha NE. There is no Local support here any more. Atleast when it was in kansas they would try to help. Now It seems like I have a bunch of script readers.
Expand your moderator at work