how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mjwilson711

@comcast.net

[Wi-Fi] comcast gateway wireless connection disappearing

minneapolis, mn

The wireless signal disappears at least a few times a week. The wireless network will not show up even after refreshing. I must restart the gateway each time this happens to get wireless back, This doesn't affect the connections that are hard-wired.

I just have the xfinity smc networks model: smcd3gnv

windows firewall and malwarebytes.

trythisfirst

@comcast.net

I could be wrong but we had trouble in our market with the wireless gateway codes not being on the account. If a tech put that device in and customer service doesnt code the account for that specific device the wireless shuts off after a while. If not the unit or the wireless card in your pc are defective.

defiant
MVM
join:2000-09-04
Monroe, MI
kudos:2
reply to mjwilson711

I have the same device as you, but don't notice any such issues. Perhaps, it's intermittent interference? Try switching 3 wireless channels from where it's set now and see if that helps.

Are you losing connection on a PC, tablet, or some other type of device? That information would help too.
--
Employee of Charter Communications. The views and opinions expressed in the post above may not reflect those of my employer.

mjwilson711

@comcast.net

i believe its across all devices, the wireless network disappears. Should i just return it for a new one?

defiant
MVM
join:2000-09-04
Monroe, MI
kudos:2

Try changing the wireless channel the router is using as I described in my post above and see if that helps.