how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gnumantsc

join:2003-07-23
reply to diskace

Re: The What's the bottom line thread.

Are you going to offer Fibe? Or cable is the main focus for now and expanding the service?
--
Gnuman.com - Linux in the home

thejinx0r

join:2009-08-20
Kirkland, QC
reply to diskace
Will you lift the stop sell for the TGV60? in april after the upgrade is complete?

jfmezei
Premium
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC
kudos:23
between now and april, I would not be surprised if there were a stop sell on the 30 as well.

The fact is that the cable companies want much advance notice before boosting capacity on links (I think 3 weeks). So if they only inrease capacity by X each month, then they can only accept Y new customers.

And it looks like the 700mbps is full as it is, and adding more customers may have to be stopped.

On the other hand, diskce may be able to use his charm on the ladies who work at the Videotron TPIA dept and convince them to upgrade the links sooner.

grunze510

join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC
kudos:1
said by jfmezei:

The fact is that the cable companies want much advance notice before boosting capacity on links (I think 3 weeks). So if they only inrease capacity by X each month, then they can only accept Y new customers.

I think Videotron is asking for 3 weeks notice before the start of the month, so if EBox happens to miss the deadline by a day, then they'll need to wait 7 weeks for an upgrade.

jfmezei
Premium
Pointe-Claire, QC
This is why ISPs need to proactively plan their upgrades in relation to how many customers they plan on getting/accepting.

From the month of february, ebox (and the other ISPs that provide videotron TPIA) would have a good idea of the mix of speeds customers want and how much bandwidth they use on average during prime time. So they should have a better way to plan for how much capacity is going to be needed 2 months from now.

Back when I was with iStop, Ralph would often stop accepting new customers for some time when he felt his routers and links couldn't take the additional load.

At the end of the day, it is better to refuse new customers than you alienate your existing customers who will give the ISP a bad reputation.

So I prefer seeing stop-sell than seeing constant flow of complaints about congestion.

But ideally, I would like to see ISPs purchase more capacity than absolutely necessary to give them more breathing room when they get a rush of new customers.

Lebon14

join:2009-08-05
Canada
reply to diskace
said by diskace:

Prochain upgrade: 1000 Mbits le 1ier Avril de notre port 1000 Mbits existant + ajout d'un second port 1000 Mbits pour un total de 2000 Mbits de capacité de port et 1000 Mbits de commandé.

Après-ca on verra. Surement 3 Gbits au printemps.

Mon dieu. Il doit avoir une ruée de nouveaux clients dans votre coin pour justifier tout ces upgrade. Je sais que je vais en être un cette année.

jfmezei
Premium
Pointe-Claire, QC
said by Lebon14:

Mon dieu. Il doit avoir une ruée de nouveaux clients dans votre coin pour justifier tout ces upgrade. Je sais que je vais en être un cette année.

Est-ce que eboxNat est OK ? on l'a pas vu sur le forum depuis un bout de temps. A-t-elle été ensevelie par de nouveles commandes et est tellement débordée qu'elle ne peut plus venir sur DSLR ?

alienzzz
Kill Bell

join:2011-02-17
Verdun, QC
JF, diskace answered that question in the other thread.

Tell her that we miss her on DSLR.

xcimo
Ebox 60Mbps

join:2007-11-21
Gatineau, QC
reply to SHY
Les graph du lien 700 mbps on l'air de quoi dernierement, on entendu plus personne chialer que le download ralentis le soir?

ebox_rules

@electronicbox.net
Ces temps-ci ça roule full speed en tout temps de mon côté...

imonbelay

join:2008-04-19
canada
reply to alienzzz
As I've just signed up for ebox... I had a chance to speak to eboxnat on the phone this evening. She cleared up a few questions, and will even try her best to try to match my install date with my videotron tv install date. (yah... No more Bell at all). Must say that eboxnat was great to speak with. Hopefully she gets back to the forums soon.

eboxnat

join:2011-05-06
Montreal, QC
kudos:6
If you are who I think you are, I already spoke to (i think) your wife and confirmed that we were able to match the install.

Everything should happen with the same tech on the 3rd in the evening.

Unless I am completely wrong about who you are...lol
--
Electronic Box Inc.
»ELECTRONICBOX
Natasha Contardi

imonbelay

join:2008-04-19
canada
I am who you think I am. Once again. thanks for your help. Install tomorrow evening with a great hope that everything goes smoothly.

R

GuiGQc

join:2012-02-22
Gatineau, QC
reply to SHY
I just noticed that this topic was still stickied.

All problems seems resolved since the beginning of the month, so I think we should either unsticky the topic, or leave it there with an official confirmation from eBox that there is no problem anymore.

singerie3

join:2008-10-12
Saint-Constant, QC
reply to SHY
the bottom line is this forum should be in the canadian part of this website

Hyrules

join:2006-07-19
Gatineau, QC
reply to SHY
and recognized as an official ISP.

GuiGQc

Gatineau, QC
reply to SHY
Yes, I want eBox on this page: »Canadian

If TekSavvy and Shaw can get there, so can we!

ohmer

join:2003-08-06
Quebec, QC
Le modérateur devrait "dépinné" ce thread. Il est pas mal passé date

BigBlarg

join:2008-02-10
Longueuil, QC
Le problème c'est qu'il n'y a pas de modérateur attitré à ce forum.

ohmer

join:2003-08-06
Quebec, QC
Ben quelqu'un vient de le dépinner là je crois, c'est pour ça que le thread s'est fait bumper

GuiGQc

Gatineau, QC
said by ohmer:

Ben quelqu'un vient de le dépinner là je crois, c'est pour ça que le thread s'est fait bumper

J'me demandais ce qui s'avait passé. Ça disait dernier post en 2013, mais le dernier message datais de 2012... Merci d'avoir arrêter mon délire