Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

claykin

join:2003-08-22
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to superataru

Re: USGs firmwares

Anyone know if the Endpoint Security (EPS) check now supports checking x64 Windows OS? In V2.x of Zynos x64 OS would walk right by the security check.

polarisdb

join:2004-07-12
USA
said by claykin:

Anyone know if the Endpoint Security (EPS) check now supports checking x64 Windows OS? In V2.x of Zynos x64 OS would walk right by the security check.

It doesn't sound like it according to the release notes:

EPS (Endpoint Security)
1. [SPR: 090805245]
[Symptom] PC OS is 64 bits. EPS always fail when checking Firewall, Anti-virus and Windows auto update.
We current not support EPS on Windows 64bit Operation System.

claykin

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Am I the only one that believes EPS is worthless without 64 bit OS support? How many people live in an entire 32 bit world and have only 32 bit guests visiting and connecting to their LAN?

said by polarisdb:

said by claykin:

EPS (Endpoint Security)
[Symptom] PC OS is 64 bits. EPS always fail when checking Firewall, Anti-virus and Windows auto update.

Gork
Ou812ic

join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT

2 edits
said by claykin:

Am I the only one that believes EPS is worthless without 64 bit OS support?

Well, not necessarily worthless I'd think - but certainly shows a lack of understanding or caring about the direction the market is going.

I took the plunge and upgraded the f/w on my 20W. No issues so far, other than some weird GUI issues I attribute to IE caching problems. I've ironed those out now, I think.

said by JimThePCGuy:

Looks like I will be receiving nag screens on those subscription services I never signed up for.

Yeah, boo!

Brano
I hate Vogons
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON
kudos:14
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Fibe
reply to polarisdb
said by polarisdb:

said by claykin:

EPS (Endpoint Security)

Yeah, this day and age this really sucks.

claykin

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Who is on the Zyxel beta team that can let them know they need to wake up and smell the x64 coffee?

EPS is a good feature but is otherwise rendered useless for anyone operating with reasonably current hardware.