how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wrwireless

join:2011-11-30
Lander, WY

[Bus. Ops] Working with cable companies

We just worked out a deal to put equipment on a radio station tower that allows us access to about 5 towns in our area. We are not trying to focus on the inner parts of the cities but of course still work on the rural parts. The cable company we would like to get some more bandwidth from is Optimum West (Cable Vision) has anyone had any dealing with them? In the tos is AUS it says reselling is not allowed unless written authorization. Is their anyway around that or is there any creative solutions. We also have access to fiber but we would also like to load balance during those high access times when everyone want to netflix. suggestions? Advice?

Thanks
--
www.windriverwireless.com

raytaylor

join:2009-07-28
kudos:1
Just NAT everyone to netflix across the cable connection - that way they just see a bunch of netflix tv's in your house lol.

You could use the cable company to transport a vpn to a data centre where you buy bulk cheap megabits of data and push it out to the internet from there

keefe007
Premium
join:2004-02-24
Germantown, WI
reply to wrwireless
You probably need their dedicated internet access and not their business-class services.

wrwireless

join:2011-11-30
Lander, WY
Great suggestions! I am actually going to work on both solutions. I will let you know what I can find out. Centrylink is just so dang expensive. Our loop fee alone is $400. We would still keep the T-1 but only for backup and we have business customers with statics. Unless requested we dont give out publics so everyone is already Nat'ed