All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

technocar2 to HiVolt

to HiVolt

Re: Someone post latest sb6120 firmware?

said by HiVolt:

said by miji2:

Just a confirmation that my SB6120 got provisioned successfully yesterday with the 1.0.3.5 firmware. Woke up this morning with the 1.0.6.1 firmware.

Did TekSavvy ask you which firmware you had, or did you ask them for Rogers to push new firmware?

I was under the impression that modem firmware update was automatic in the sense that rogers doesn't "push" the firmware but rather the cmts detects the modem is using an older firmware and automatically takes action to remedy the issue by sending the new firmware and then the modem will either accept it or reject the firmware.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom

Premium Member

said by technocar2:

I was under the impression that modem firmware update was automatic in the sense that rogers doesn't "push" the firmware but rather the cmts detects the modem is using an older firmware and automatically takes action to remedy the issue by sending the new firmware and then the modem will either accept it or reject the firmware.

Sounds like what happened, ya. More confirmation that this happens would be good though. Also, not to be argumentative, but Rogers equipment updating firmware without end customer intervention is pretty much the definition of Rogers pushing a firmware.
the cerberus
join:2007-10-16
Richmond Hill, ON

the cerberus to technocar2

to technocar2
said by technocar2:

said by HiVolt:

said by miji2:

Just a confirmation that my SB6120 got provisioned successfully yesterday with the 1.0.3.5 firmware. Woke up this morning with the 1.0.6.1 firmware.

Did TekSavvy ask you which firmware you had, or did you ask them for Rogers to push new firmware?

maybe but thats not true for the 6121
and they definitely pushed out 1.0.6.1 to individual teksavvy customers at the start of the fix.
the problem was rogers pushed out bad firmware at first to all 6120's.
i had a 6120 running on rogers and I tried to get them to push the update to me and they told me they could ban my 6120 and i should sign up for a 3rd party if i want to use it... .
i have my 6121 here in waterloo running 1.0.5.0, and i had another unprovisioned 6120 running on the line that used to be acanac cable.
then they decided to mass update to 1.0.6.1 the two 6210 modems got the update, and the teksavvy 6121 did not.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom

Premium Member

said by the cerberus:

then they decided to mass update to 1.0.6.1 the two 6210 modems got the update, and the teksavvy 6121 did not.

They updated unprovisioned modems? That isn't happening now, I can say that for certain