uniqs
share rss forum feed

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to bohratom

Re: [poll] where will Peyton Manning play next season?

Why Denver? No receivers, average defense. Their defense is overhyped. Do they even have a line?

e_dub
franknbeans
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-12
kickin ass
kudos:2

said by I AM:

Why Denver? No receivers, average defense. Their defense is overhyped. Do they even have a line?

Denver had top 5 defense and top 5 pass protect O-line. There are free agent receivers waiting for Peyton to sign.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Coastie
reply to I AM

Plus he can't wear his No 18 Jersey. Its retired, if I'm not mistaken, in Denver. Maybe he'll wear No 16 his UT Jersey. I'm disappointed in the decision.

However, I feel Denver offers him more freedom of the final 3 teams. SF is mostly based on a running attack and Jim harbaugh will not give Manning his freedom to call plays. Tennessee means playing Indy twice a years and, with it, painful memories. If John Fox and elway could adapt to Tebow, really a running back, they can surely let Manning have some freedom.

They've already phoned Jeff Saturday to make Peyton comfortable. They have tons of salary cap.
--
"Dogs teach us a very important lesson in life: The mail man is not to be trusted"

Spork35

join:2011-07-13
Methuen, MA
reply to aurgathor

Plus Denver is AFC in a pretty weak division. Good odds to get into the playoffs plus avoid playing his brother in anything but the SB.
--
"Every once in a while, declare peace....it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Spork35

Methuen, MA
reply to capdjq

said by capdjq:

Plus he can't wear his No 18 Jersey. Its retired, if I'm not mistaken, in Denver. Maybe he'll wear No 16 his UT Jersey. I'm disappointed in the decision.

Tripucka already said he'd unretire #18 for Peyton if he goes to Denver.
»msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Peyt···8-031412
--
"Every once in a while, declare peace....it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Spork35

Methuen, MA
reply to aurgathor

It's official.

"MANNING TO SIGN WITH BRONCOS"
»www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8···=HP11_cp
--

capdjq
Premium
Coastie

Throughout this entire fiasco I have great admiration for the way Manning handled his decision. The parting from Indy was one of least acrimonious I have witnessed. None of the teams that lost out appear angry. Manning personally phoned them, well in advance, according to reports, so that they could get on with their business. A real Professional on and off the field.

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to aurgathor

Now, as a NE fan, I really would like another SB win, but the Manning hater in me really hopes Tebow's new team, whoever it may be, wins the friggin superbowl next year. Just so he can tell Peyton and Elway to suck it. That and see Peyton have a shitty season. heheheh....

Spork35

Methuen, MA
reply to aurgathor

Agreed. Peyton is a highly intelligent and classy player. I can see him having a long and successful career off the field as well when it comes to that.
--

Spork35

Methuen, MA
reply to captokita

said by captokita:

Now, as a NE fan, I really would like another SB win, but the Manning hater in me really hopes Tebow's new team, whoever it may be, wins the friggin superbowl next year. Just so he can tell Peyton and Elway to suck it. That and see Peyton have a shitty season. heheheh....

Miami? You don't want Tebowami beating you for the division.
--

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to Spork35

said by Spork35:

It's official.

"MANNING TO SIGN WITH BRONCOS"
»www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8···=HP11_cp

And the other shoe is bye bye Tebow:
»www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8···im-tebow

The Broncos have already looked into moving Tebow and are currently looking for a trade partner.

The Jacksonville Jaguars have been mentioned as a possible landing spot for Tebow, who rose to fame as a star with the Florida Gators in college. Jaguars owner Shad Khan has mentioned that he would have been interested in Tebow if he had been in charge of the team when the quarterback entered the league.

--
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
»www.politico.com/2012-election/

capdjq
Premium
Coastie

I am a great Tebow fan from his College days but come on people he's not really a QB a la John Elway. The Bronco's were going nowhere with Tebow even Elway was not willing to commit. He was looking for that great passing QB like Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Rivers. Then comes along Manning. Who knows what the future holds but, at least, with Manning maybe 16 years of futility in Denver might end.The Denver fans should be so lucky that they have one of the most cerebral QBs ever to play the game. No training period required.
--
"Dogs teach us a very important lesson in life: The mail man is not to be trusted"

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to aurgathor

Was just looking at the Broncos schedule for 2012. Last game of the year could be Peyton vs Brady. Other then that their schedule is pretty boring.

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC
reply to Spork35

said by Spork35:

Miami? You don't want Tebowami beating you for the division.

I know, I don't really want that, but I'm willing to go another year if it meant seeing Peyton sitting there pouting again, and to see Tebow rub his nose in it.

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC
reply to capdjq

said by capdjq:

I am a great Tebow fan from his College days but come on people he's not really a QB a la John Elway. The Bronco's were going nowhere with Tebow even Elway was not willing to commit.

Considering how far they got this past season I wouldn't say "Going nowhere", I'd say he was pretty impressive. Sure, he's not perfect, he's no Tom Brady. (Ok ok, or Eli) but with some coaching he's got potential. Doesn't help when your boss is basically telling everyone he has no faith in you either.

Spork35

Methuen, MA
reply to aurgathor

I'd love Tebow as a backup QB. He could run the wildcat option as a QB that could run. Possibly teach him to hold FG's so you have a viable FG fake option as well.
--

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to e_dub

said by e_dub:

Denver had top 5 defense and top 5 pass protect O-line. There are free agent receivers waiting for Peyton to sign.

I think those rankings are bit suspect, though. The O-line didn't give up a lot of sacks due to the QB running a lot last year instead of standing in the pocket. And their defense was demolished by New England in the playoffs. I don't think they're terrible, just average.
--
don’t let haters get me off my grind

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31
reply to aurgathor

said by I AM:

Why Denver?

I'm thinking it has to do with one of his first visits to Denver. Elway (being very persuasive, and a man who generally gets what he wants when he puts his mind to it), is like: "Oh, and Peyton, we don't often talk about this room, but if you're ever not feeling well, you walk in here for a couple of hours, and I guarantee you'll walk out feeling a WHOLE lot better".
"Heh...Just one of the many fringe benefits we have here".
»Re: [poll] where will Peyton Manning play next season?

Manning: "Wow! Not only is she hot, but tall too!"
--
I had a life once.....now I have a Computer and a Modem.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to aurgathor

I don't think teams will offer a lot for Tebow in trades. When you get him, you get a young, hardworking QB who has a lot to learn about the QB position that he may or may not ever learn. But you also get his rabid fans, many of whom feel he's entitled to be a starting QB regardless of how he plays, or who else plays the position for the team he's on. So if he's a backup somewhere, those fans will be demanding that he replace the starter as soon as the team loses a few. Tebow could be an asset, but his rabid fan base is a liability that I'm sure Elway's glad to be rid of.
--
don’t let haters get me off my grind

dogma
XYZ
Premium
join:2002-08-15
Boulder City, NV
kudos:1
reply to aurgathor

Just what about Denver would be more attractive than S.F.?

People wonder why Manning didn't choose the 49ers-a team that possesses the most amount of talent among the three suitors and were an overtime session away from playing in the Super Bowl. One would think that Manning would take the 49ers over the edge and put them in a similar or better position than the one Alex Smith put the team in last season. There had to be something that turned Manning in the other direction.

What would that be? John Elway's sweet talk?

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
reply to aurgathor

No more tebowing for now..

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

2 recommendations

reply to aurgathor

Click for full size

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
reply to dogma

said by dogma:

a) possibly more 'freedom' in Denver
b) no Manning-bowl unless in SB
Maybe he'll talk about it some day
--
Wacky Races 2012!

Tempus45
Premium
join:2006-07-08
USA
reply to aurgathor

If manning would of went to SF, they would of been instant SuperBowl favorites.

Spork35

Methuen, MA
reply to dogma

said by dogma:

Peyton doesn't want to play in the NFC. I'm sure if that was his only option he would but with Denver in there it negated all NFC options.
--

capdjq
Premium
Coastie

How come if Tebow was that good there are no takers for him? Most teams would have to blow up their system to fit Tebow. Denver did it last year, but if you look at their games, its stressful for the defence. Denver could only win if the game was close. High scoring teams like NE, Saints, GBP, Detroit, Atlanta, Eagles would make mincemeat out of them.
Miami & Jacksonville would be a good fit for Tebow. They need to spice up the gate and he's very popular in Florida. He's more of a Carnival act than a NFL type player. Sure he took Denver to the play offs and beat an injury ridden Steelers team. I like the guy but not on my team.
A good fit would be NE Patriots. There you have Satan (Bellichick) & God (Tebow) on the same team. Maybe Tebow could be a positive influence on Bellichick and the Coach could teach him to throw. Then if Brady has a lousy few games the New Englanders would not scream for Tebow.
--

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to e_dub

said by e_dub:

said by I AM:

Brian Dawkins was the heart of that defense and looks like he is done. Top 5 O-line because of the pressure of Tebow running. I doubt Willis McGahee has the same year he had last year. Either way like Skip Bayless has been saying..."FREE TEBOW!!!!!!!!!!"

Spork35

Methuen, MA
reply to capdjq

said by capdjq:

How come if Tebow was that good there are no takers for him?

I'm no Tebow fan and actually dislike him but there were 5 teams who called about him within 24 hours of hearing about Peyton.

»www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8···vailable
--

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Is Thomas who is not a great route runner a great fit for Manning? It looked like in the past he did well with receivers with great speed and IQ. Thomas seems to be more of just a beast. Decker may do well esp. for fantasy. Not much left in the FA pool for receivers unless they are going to give up a lot for Mike Wallace.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
reply to captokita

said by captokita:

Being a Jets fan I'm predisposed to hating you
That said, as long as he doesn't sign with the Fish, I don't want to see him doing his Jesus more often that I have too.

Buddy of my is a life long raiders fan, when he leaves work in 2hrs he's going to start to cry, I sent him a text that Manning signed with the Broncos.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......