Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to AB

Re: [poll] where will Peyton Manning play next season?

Denver still in the running after Peyton met with the Titans for 8 hours..

Spork35

join:2011-07-13
Methuen, MA
reply to aurgathor

Denver is sending a plane to Peyton. Fins are officially out.
»www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8···own-fins
--
"Every once in a while, declare peace....it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Coastie

SF 49ers pursuing Manning. On basis of last season's play. Instant SB? would love to see SF, with Manning vs Green Bay or Saints.

»blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/03/16···manning/

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by capdjq:

SF 49ers pursuing Manning. On basis of last season's play. Instant SB? would love to see SF, with Manning vs Green Bay or Saints.

»blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/03/16···manning/

Sounds good. But only if Manning's arm isn't a limp noodle.

capdjq
Premium
Coastie

A few teams have already watched Manning workout. The great Elway wouldn't offer $90 million dollar Contract and trade Jesus Christ for a phoney. Plus I doubt manning would jeopardize his legacy if there was any doubt.

AB
Premium
join:2006-04-04
Leesburg, VA
kudos:3

said by capdjq:

. . I doubt manning would jeopardize his legacy if there was any doubt.

Any doubt of what?

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to capdjq

I wouldn't go as far as instant

SandShark
Long may you run
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-23
Santa Fe, TX
reply to capdjq

I'm not an Alex Smith fan boy, but man, you gotta feel bad for the guy. First, he went through years of the revolving door of head coaches and offensive coordinators. Then, he finally has a decent year and a head coach in Jim Harbaugh who has a knack for winning and a talent for developing quarterbacks. Hell, he even caddied for Harbaugh at the AT&T Pro-Am this year. Now, San Francisco is giving him the shaft by going after Manning. Poor guy.

bohratom

Red Bank NJ

said by SandShark:

I'm not an Alex Smith fan boy, but man, you gotta feel bad for the guy.

I think the odds of Peyton going to the 49ers is nill to none. Broncos still the favorites atm..

BTW I agree with you about Alex Smith, he must feel like shi& atm for his team even talking to Peyton.

AB
Premium
join:2006-04-04
Leesburg, VA

said by bohratom:

I think the odds of Peyton going to the 49ers is nill to none. Broncos still the favorites atm..

The inside scoop is supposed to be that Manning refuses to play in the NFC. Last I checked, the 49ers were an NFC team.
So apparently it's between the Broncos and Titans, or else Manning will need to make an adjustment in his priorities-- unless there's some other AFC team in the picture no one seems to be aware of.

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
kudos:1
reply to bohratom

said by bohratom:

I think what Peyton wants is, more than anything else, is another ring or two, and of the 3 teams known to be still in the hunt, I believe the 49ers had the best team. That could tip the scale, though the Broncos had a pretty good team, too.
--
Wacky Races 2012!

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14

He should probably go to the Miami Heat then.

Spork35

Methuen, MA
reply to aurgathor

said by aurgathor:

said by bohratom:

I think what Peyton wants is, more than anything else, is another ring or two, and of the 3 teams known to be still in the hunt, I believe the 49ers had the best team. That could tip the scale, though the Broncos had a pretty good team, too.

I don't see Peyton going to any NFC team. He doesn't want to play his brother in any game except the Super Bowl. I'd say it's the Bronco's in the lead with the Titan's very close #2. The 49er's are are in the same race but far enough back they can't see the Bronco's or Titan's ahead of them.
--
"Every once in a while, declare peace....it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31
kudos:2
reply to aurgathor

I'm starting to think it's going to be the Broncos.
And if that happens, I think AB's idea in this post isn't such a bad one.
»Re: [poll] where will Peyton Manning play next season?

If they could keep both of them, you'd have Tebow not only "continuing" to develop as a 'running back', but at the same time he'd be getting some valuable advice from one of the best QB's ever to play the game...something he desperately needs if he ever wants to be a premier QB himself.
--
I had a life once.....now I have a Computer and a Modem.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by jabarnut:

If they could keep both of them, you'd have Tebow not only "continuing" to develop as a 'running back', but at the same time he'd be getting some valuable advice from one of the best QB's ever to play the game...something he desperately needs if he ever wants to be a premier QB himself.

If Manning comes, Tebow goes. Tebow can get a lot more money by leaving and his ego won't be able to accept playing second fiddle to Manning after already being a starting QB.
--
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
»www.politico.com/2012-election/

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31

Yeah, you may be right. But let's not forget that it's Tebow's nature to always be 'humble". His real "boss" would never allow him to have an "ego". It is forbidden.
--
I had a life once.....now I have a Computer and a Modem.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

1 recommendation

reply to FFH

said by FFH:

Tebow can get a lot more money by leaving and his ego won't be able to accept playing second fiddle to Manning after already being a starting QB.

Has Tebow ever shown a big ego? Over anything?

Spork35

Methuen, MA
reply to jabarnut

said by jabarnut:

Yeah, you may be right. But let's not forget that it's Tebow's nature to always be 'humble". His real "boss" would never allow him to have an "ego". It is forbidden.

So your saying if he did that it would chip away his armor and expose him? It's bound to happen sometime.
--

bohratom

Red Bank NJ
reply to aurgathor

Hahahaha, I called it.......

»nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/46784490/···er_news/

Ok, what prize do I get?

capdjq
Premium
Coastie

1 edit

Heck, Why? SF is almost a cinch for a Championship. I wonder if playing in the NFC factored in his decision. Personally I don't agree with his decision. Cold weather, rabid fans who can turn ugly in an instant plus an angry God.

However, without John Elway there would be no Manning. Finally the Bronco's have a QB worthy of the legendary John Elway. He made his mark in The Drive and now you have The Signing.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to bohratom

Why Denver? No receivers, average defense. Their defense is overhyped. Do they even have a line?

e_dub
franknbeans
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-12
kickin ass

said by I AM:

Why Denver? No receivers, average defense. Their defense is overhyped. Do they even have a line?

Denver had top 5 defense and top 5 pass protect O-line. There are free agent receivers waiting for Peyton to sign.

capdjq
Premium
Coastie
reply to I AM

Plus he can't wear his No 18 Jersey. Its retired, if I'm not mistaken, in Denver. Maybe he'll wear No 16 his UT Jersey. I'm disappointed in the decision.

However, I feel Denver offers him more freedom of the final 3 teams. SF is mostly based on a running attack and Jim harbaugh will not give Manning his freedom to call plays. Tennessee means playing Indy twice a years and, with it, painful memories. If John Fox and elway could adapt to Tebow, really a running back, they can surely let Manning have some freedom.

They've already phoned Jeff Saturday to make Peyton comfortable. They have tons of salary cap.
--
"Dogs teach us a very important lesson in life: The mail man is not to be trusted"

Spork35

Methuen, MA
reply to aurgathor

Plus Denver is AFC in a pretty weak division. Good odds to get into the playoffs plus avoid playing his brother in anything but the SB.
--

Spork35

Methuen, MA
reply to capdjq

said by capdjq:

Plus he can't wear his No 18 Jersey. Its retired, if I'm not mistaken, in Denver. Maybe he'll wear No 16 his UT Jersey. I'm disappointed in the decision.

Tripucka already said he'd unretire #18 for Peyton if he goes to Denver.
»msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Peyt···8-031412
--

Spork35

Methuen, MA
reply to aurgathor

It's official.

"MANNING TO SIGN WITH BRONCOS"
»www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8···=HP11_cp
--

capdjq
Premium
Coastie

Throughout this entire fiasco I have great admiration for the way Manning handled his decision. The parting from Indy was one of least acrimonious I have witnessed. None of the teams that lost out appear angry. Manning personally phoned them, well in advance, according to reports, so that they could get on with their business. A real Professional on and off the field.

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to aurgathor

Now, as a NE fan, I really would like another SB win, but the Manning hater in me really hopes Tebow's new team, whoever it may be, wins the friggin superbowl next year. Just so he can tell Peyton and Elway to suck it. That and see Peyton have a shitty season. heheheh....

Spork35

Methuen, MA
reply to aurgathor

Agreed. Peyton is a highly intelligent and classy player. I can see him having a long and successful career off the field as well when it comes to that.
--

Spork35

Methuen, MA
reply to captokita

said by captokita:

Now, as a NE fan, I really would like another SB win, but the Manning hater in me really hopes Tebow's new team, whoever it may be, wins the friggin superbowl next year. Just so he can tell Peyton and Elway to suck it. That and see Peyton have a shitty season. heheheh....

Miami? You don't want Tebowami beating you for the division.
--