All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
khollister
join:2010-01-10
Oviedo, FL

khollister to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert

Re: Why do you use forums as your first line of support?

said by BHNtechXpert:

Great answers thank you!

Alright now it's your turn with this question (and only you please)

Where can we improve the experience for you HERE (at DSLR)? What do you need, what would you like to see, generally speaking how can we make it better?

Not too sure what I could suggest here at DSLR - you and Tim are very responsive and I don't see too many folks appear to walk away without getting assistance to whatever their problem is.

One thing that would be great is the ability to directly schedule a tech to come out (if the consensus here is that it is needed) here, rather than having to deal with the phone people or the chat formula (Hi, my name is Buffy, how can I assist you today?). That extends to a number of items that I find really frustrating that I have to deal with some clueless human on - changing service, scheduling a service call, exchanging defective equipment, etc.

You are great at interceding with the default service procedures to help expedite getting to the root of the problem, but I still have to go through the normal channels to instigate the service call(s). Any way to short circuit that via the private forum in the future?

And BTW, Tim, I am the "older generation" (57) and I still hate dorking around with some 'droid on the phone. It's not that I hate talking to real people, I just don't have the patience for talking to people that aren't value-added when I am trying to solve a specific problem.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

One thing that would be great is the ability to directly schedule a tech to come out (if the consensus here is that it is needed) here, rather than having to deal with the phone people or the chat formula (Hi, my name is Buffy, how can I assist you today?). That extends to a number of items that I find really frustrating that I have to deal with some clueless human on - changing service, scheduling a service call, exchanging defective equipment, etc.

Um where have you been? I schedule techs and a ton more than that all the time This is nothing new...been doing it for a very long time. There is NOTHING I can't get addressed regardless of your region.

but I still have to go through the normal channels to instigate the service call(s). Any way to short circuit that via the private forum in the future?

No you don't...what gave you that impression? Why would you want to short circuit the private forum? That's where we take care of all the above you just mentioned. That is not going away as I have no intention of speaking to customers about account specific things in public. Surely you understand why....

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9 to khollister

to khollister
said by khollister:

Not too sure what I could suggest here at DSLR - you and Tim are very responsive and I don't see too many folks appear to walk away without getting assistance to whatever their problem is.

IMO, BHN Tampa Bay is one of the best represented, most responsive companies in this forum, from the standpoint of provider employee participation.

You guys have embraced this form of communication quite seriously, and I give you high props for that.