Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to DonLibes

Re: how close can a cell tower be to a house?

said by DonLibes:

2) Should we do something and if so what?

Put a pole or tower on your property as close to it as you can.

Mount a conductive panel to block the RF from your house, and thus a substantial part of their radius, and watch how fast they move it.

macsierra8
Baby Newfoundland
Premium
join:2003-11-30
Minden, NV
said by peterboro:

said by DonLibes:

2) Should we do something and if so what?

Put a pole or tower on your property as close to it as you can.

Mount a conductive panel to block the RF from your house, and thus a substantial part of their radius, and watch how fast they move it.

Building code height limits, engineering, city aesthetic codes, etc would make that totally impossible and impractical at best. Even if it did work you would be interfering with vital communications.
--
Jimmy Hoffa’s dad was the last shovel-ready job..
Will Rodgers never met Harry Reid..

Why was I Anti-Obama before it was cool?
Saul Alinsky was also a community organizer & Marxist..

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
said by macsierra8:

Building code height limits, engineering, city aesthetic codes, etc would make that totally impossible and impractical at best. Even if it did work you would be interfering with vital communications.

The same codes would preclude the initial cell tower install then and "vital communications" is open to interpretation.

As more evidence emerges of the harmful effects expect to see more opposition.

This is just the leading edge like the tobacco and asbestos industry bought off experts and suppressed studies a generation ago.

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp
kudos:8
said by peterboro:

The same codes would preclude the initial cell tower install then and "vital communications" is open to interpretation.

Utilities are not subject to height limitations.

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
said by John Galt:

In the OP a comparable, or strategic trajectory deflection, in height to block the house at least may be achievable and remember height restrictions are not uniform across North America.

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
Happy Camp

1 recommendation

said by peterboro:

said by John Galt:

In the OP a comparable, or strategic trajectory deflection, in height to block the house at least may be achievable and remember height restrictions are not uniform across North America.

I agree that there may be other options for the OP in that regard. Utilities are, almost without exception, unrestricted unless there is some overriding issue, such as proximity to airports.
--
»www.archive.org/details/Meatpies_1984

fifty nine

join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ
kudos:2
reply to John Galt
said by John Galt:

said by peterboro:

The utilities still have to apply for zoning permission here but they can easily override the town if they say no by going to the state PUC.

Reality

@cox.net
reply to peterboro
They could come out today and say with 100% certainty that some percentage of us will get cancer at some point due to this, and most folks would say so what. We ain't gonna get out of this alive. Wireless is now woven into the fabric of society.

Austinloop

join:2001-08-19
Austin, TX
kudos:1
reply to John Galt
Actually, they are, one cannot build towers above a certain height in the glide slope leading to an airport runway. The height varies with the distance to the runway, i.e. one cannot build a 200 ft tower a .25 of a mile from the end of a runway.

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
Happy Camp
said by Austinloop:

Actually, they are, one cannot build towers above a certain height in the glide slope leading to an airport runway. The height varies with the distance to the runway, i.e. one cannot build a 200 ft tower a .25 of a mile from the end of a runway.

I do believe I covered that...