MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
·Charter

1 recommendation

nunya to macsierra8

MVM

to macsierra8

Re: how close can a cell tower be to a house?

Click for full size
Click for full size
They (Clear) put several of those stupid tree towers by my house. Those are the most ridiculous things I've ever seen! In no way, shape, or form do they blend in with the MO/IL landscape.

A simple monopole tower would be less of an eyesore than these.

netboy34
Premium Member
join:2001-08-29
Kennesaw, GA

netboy34

Premium Member

We call them East Cobb Redwoods because they look nothing like the pine trees around them, and they are mostly on the east side of Cobb County (county that I live in). They are mostly near schools and residential areas. One school has two on its property and they stick out like a sore thumb in the grove of pine trees that surround it. I think they actually draw more attention to the fact it is a tower than if it wasn't dressed up to begin with.

I saw a church where the flag pole in the front of it was a T-Mobile tower. just looked like a really thick Flag pole that was needed since it was high and a huge flag...

Fronkman
An Apple a day keeps the doctor away
Premium Member
join:2003-06-23
Saint Louis, MO

Fronkman to nunya

Premium Member

to nunya
said by nunya:

They (Clear) put several of those stupid tree towers by my house. Those are the most ridiculous things I've ever seen! In no way, shape, or form do they blend in with the MO/IL landscape.

ha, where are those things? what moron at clear thought sequoias grew in the Mississippi river valley?
talz13
join:2006-03-15
Avon, OH

talz13 to netboy34

to netboy34
said by netboy34:

We call them East Cobb Redwoods because they look nothing like the pine trees around them, and they are mostly on the east side of Cobb County (county that I live in). They are mostly near schools and residential areas. One school has two on its property and they stick out like a sore thumb in the grove of pine trees that surround it. I think they actually draw more attention to the fact it is a tower than if it wasn't dressed up to begin with.

I saw a church where the flag pole in the front of it was a T-Mobile tower. just looked like a really thick Flag pole that was needed since it was high and a huge flag...

They put one of those thick flag pole towers up across the street from my old house. Of course, they ended up putting a standard sized flag on it, so it looked ridiculous. Guess they couldn't budget another couple hundred $$$ for a flag of a better proportion to the tower...

Flummoxed
Premium Member
join:2002-01-24
Wright City, MO

Flummoxed to nunya

Premium Member

to nunya
said by nunya:

LOL I remember when those tree towers popped up. I normally don't pay attention to the skyline while driving down Mexico Rd. but it was so out of place it caught my eye.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK to nunya

Premium Member

to nunya
LOL @ Tree camouflage.