spc
Search similar:

uniqs

axelrose
Cottage Cheese is my Favorite food!!
join:2005-05-25
Chattanooga, TN

axelrose

Can't install^Uninstall, HELP?? Cyberlink Blu-ray Software.

Preface alert: This is more a software unable to uninstall or reinstall issue than a hardware issue please read on.

MY Blu-ray model LG WH10LS30 sometimes labeled as Hitachi WH10LS30 Blu-ray

The actual Software Suite Disc is label as follows:

"Super Multi Blue Install Disc" Version 1.2a
Author is CYBERLINK

The DVD Disc installs individual software under this umbrella, here is the list I could find.

Cyberlink BD Advisor
Cyberlink LKabel Print
Cyberlink MediaShow
Cyberlink Burning Tool
Cyberlink PowerBackup
Cyberlink PowerDVD9
Cyberlink PowerProducer
Cyberlink You Cam
Cyberlink ODD Auto Firmware Update

END

Various parts of the software suite is corrupt so I decided to reinstall it from the install DVD supplied with the DVD I bought.
It would not allow this, even as it tried to first uninstall before re-installing the parts of the suite.

Then I tried WIN 7's uninstall and it refused to uninstall and again it refused and gave error.

So I have a software suite that doesn't work, that cannot be uninstalled and cannot be installed directly from the DVD [and I have 2 version of this software so it's not a corrupt DVD].

What in the hell can I do?

My preference is to re-install this software suite which includes nearly 10 separate pieces of software and when it was working I really liked the software.

Does Anyone know how to do this?

Irony is the Cyberlink related website offers, based on my looking, no help or mention of this difficulty.

Plus Google yields few results and most are vague and involve editing/deleting PAGES AND PAGES of the Registry and that is just one of many steps and I've used regedit many times but even that scared the undigested butter out of me.

Please, PLEASE someone help me reinstall Cyberlink "Super Multi Blue Install Disc" Version 1.2a and if you couldn't help then God bless you for at least taking the time to read all my problems.

P.S.--If you know of a free software type that seems to do mostly what this Cyberlink does PLEASE give me a URL. I am open to
suggestion, believe you me and I ever..

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini

Premium Member

In those situations I would boot in to safemode then delete all the junk you don't want manually and once you boot back in to windows use msconfig and check the startup tab for anything that remains in there. Or do the latter first.

In safe mode only the very bare basics for windows will even load with it. A lot of other stuff won't work or load in safemode. I have had to do something similar in your situation before when I couldn't uninstall something and that was the only thing I could think of at the time. Don't quite remember how well it worked since its been a very very long time.

Digibits
Premium Member
join:2000-09-02
The Hilltop

Digibits to axelrose

Premium Member

to axelrose
Give Revo Uninstaller (Free) a try. It will remove everything the software installed including program files and registry entries. »www.winportal.com/revo-u ··· nstaller

You can then do a fresh install. Hope this works for you.

axelrose
Cottage Cheese is my Favorite food!!
join:2005-05-25
Chattanooga, TN

axelrose

said by Digibits:

Give Revo Uninstaller (Free) a try.

Forgot to mention I tried REVO, it;s installed..
art22gg
Premium Member
join:2005-02-16
Courtenay, BC

art22gg to axelrose

Premium Member

to axelrose
Hi,
First thing I would do is see if "IDriver.Exe" is running in Task Mgr..if so...end the process...then try again to un-install...
If no go....see this MS article (Fix-It) for help....

»support.microsoft.com/ma ··· ninstall

Edit...
Also look for any other Cyberlink processes you might recognize as belonging to them and END them as well...

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

Dustyn to axelrose

Premium Member

to axelrose
Have you tried Revo PRO?
Revo Uninstaller Pro has a feature called Forced Uninstall. Forced Uninstall will remove stubborn programs, partially installed programs, partially uninstalled programs, and programs not listed as installed at all.
»www.revouninstaller.com/ ··· res.html
Just use the trial and give it a try.
master2711
join:2012-03-17

master2711 to art22gg

to art22gg
I registered just to thank you! I had quite few problems with uninstalling this program and now it's solved! Thanks a thousand times!
art22gg
Premium Member
join:2005-02-16
Courtenay, BC

art22gg

Premium Member

I,m pleased to hear that you were able to rectify your problem...and everything is back to normal for you....
Glad I was able to be of some assistance to you...