uniqs
tomdlgns
Premium Member
join:2003-03-21

tomdlgns to calvinj

Premium Member

to calvinj

Re: New Switch Gear / Various Goodies

please tell me those sonic points have a way to connect to the network on the bottom of the device....????

we are planning on installing those in our office later this year and i was going to mount them on drop ceiling tiles. i won't be able to have that clean look if i have to have the wire sticking out of the side like that.
calvinj
join:2011-08-16
united state

calvinj

On the side. Sorry. Actually I installed them on the ceiling tiles and it doesn't look that bad. Only 2in or less of ethernet sticking out of the ceiling.
tomdlgns
Premium Member

tomdlgns

Premium Member

right, it wont look terribly bad, but still, the flush look would have been better, what was sonicwall thinking?

do you have a picture of your sonicwall firewall with the sonic point section/tab active? i would like to see what that looks like.

i am running an NSA 2400

a screen shot of the sonicpoint/station status would be nice.
calvinj
united state

calvinj

Is this what your looking for?

tomdlgns
Premium Member

tomdlgns

Premium Member

yes, thank you.

do you have it setup as 1 SSID so that users can bounce between them while keeping an active connection?

i am thinking 1 sonic-point might cover my entire office, but if i had to have two of them, i'd like to have the same SSID so the users doesnt have to bounce back and forth if they are back and forth between offices (within our building).
calvinj
united state

calvinj

we are pretty spread out as it is. For the most part we don't roam between access points. I do have a new building that has two of them in the building and they cover it well. We currently have 3 SSIDs being broadcasted.

1 - Primary Staff (WPA2-PSK)
2 - Staff Wep (128 bit WEP, We have some older devices)
3 - Guest Wifi

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

1 edit

DarkLogix to tomdlgns

Premium Member

to tomdlgns
back were I worked before we installed cisco 1242 access points in the ceiling so you couldn't see them at all in normal use
tomdlgns
Premium Member

tomdlgns

Premium Member

i assume you mean couldn't

yeah, i don't mind if they are hidden or not, as long as having them above drop ceiling tiles didnt hurt the coverage. i suppose it might not matter all that much.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

ya sorry for the typo

in that location there wasn't any issue with the tiles and fiberglass (unless you wanted to actually get to it)