IhatemyISP to EliteData

Premium Member

to EliteData

Re: Samsung UN60D6000SF no video

said by EliteData:

said by IhatemyISP:

said by EliteData:

this is a 2011 model tv.
it should still be under manufacture warranty unless you purchased this "as-is", open box or refurbished.

Yea, and I thought about doing it. The only thing is I'm in Japan right now, and shipping this TV back stateside to the manufacturer would cost more time and money than I care to offer up.

there should be in home service in Japan for Samsung products.
if you purchased the tv in the US and brought it to Japan, that might be a problem since in Japan, the replacement parts are for that country, not for the US made tv.
its very difficult for any authorized Samsung service center in Japan to get US replacement parts for that tv.
however, some parts can be replaced on the set without issues concerning the country its from, it depends on what needs to be replaced.

I'll see what I can do. For the time being, I'm just going to get a small set to watch while I finish out my time over here.

I'll take the set to a TV repair shop when I get back stateside, and hope they can figure out what's wrong with it/parts are still available.

Thanks for your help

edit: for grammar and stuff

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

said by IhatemyISP:

I'll see what I can do. For the time being, I'm just going to get a small set to watch while I finish out my time over here.

I'll take the set to a TV repair shop when I get back stateside, and hope they can figure out what's wrong with it/parts are still available.

Thanks for your help

make sure that set is packaged very very well for a long trip like that (its better if you still have the original box for it).
i would also take insurance out on it in case the display panel gets damaged during transit, its the one thing on this set that is fragile and if it breaks during shipping, samsung wont cover it under warranty.
from what youre telling me, it sounds like the timing control PCB isnt working (t-con pcb):
BN96-16437A T-CON PCB

IhatemyISP
MM1 Corbski
Premium Member
join:2003-01-27
Hampton, VA

IhatemyISP

Premium Member

said by EliteData:

said by IhatemyISP:

Thanks for your help

make sure that set is packaged very very well for a long trip like that (its better if you still have the original box for it).
i would also take insurance out on it in case the display panel gets damaged during transit, its the one thing on this set that is fragile and if it breaks during shipping, samsung wont cover it under warranty.
from what youre telling me, it sounds like the timing control PCB isnt working (t-con pcb):
BN96-16437A T-CON PCB

Yep, that's the one I think is broken. It's also the one that someone else said is probably broken.

It's already back in it's original box. As for insurance, the company that ships things back for military members will cover broken items. They're pretty good about getting things to where they're going in one piece. The issue is getting them there in a timely manner. Hah.