spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tim85254

join:2010-07-15

Very expensive to be a beta tester

The LTE network isn't very reliable. I don't know that I'd recommend it to anyone.

flashcore

join:2007-01-23
united state

Its not only very un-reliable, it also does not work in most modern 10+ floor office buildings unless your near a window. Ive got a Nexus and can only get 1-2 bars of 3G at my office in the heart of Baltimore where they claim to have 100% 4G coverage. The second I walk outside I get 5 bars of 4G. Until they fix these major issues the LTE network it will continue to be worthless.

Before someone says its just my phone, there are 2 other people with 4G phones all having the same issue as well as 6 4G hotspots that only work on 3G inside the building so it is a network issue not a phone issue, the spectrum there using for LTE just sucks at penetrating buildings.

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1

1 edit

1 recommendation

You may be in a weak coverage area, the spectrum they use is excellent for building penetration 700 Mhz, the bars on a phone are a historically very bad indicator of signal strength, what matters is the db number -50db is perfect , -113+ is unusable.

I get excellent in results inside and while I'm not thrilled with data outages, it seems to me that people are making a much bigger deal about it than necessary, data isn't a life or death situations and for most of the outages the phone goes back to 3G a few minutes after the outage starts, then I switch the phone to cdma/evdo only until they've resolved the issue completely, I'm very happy with 4G LTE and if their is any carrier I trust to resolve the few issues that affect the network occasionally, it's Verizon.
I've been on every major carrier and Verizon has time and time again proven to be more reliable in general.

Crookshanks

join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

1 recommendation

reply to flashcore

The spectrum that they're using is actually better at penetrating buildings than the bands used for the 2G/3G legacy networks. Any coverage issues can likely be attributed to the fact that the LTE network is new and hasn't been fully built out yet.

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO
reply to flashcore

said by flashcore:

Its not only very un-reliable, it also does not work in most modern 10+ floor office buildings unless your near a window. Ive got a Nexus and can only get 1-2 bars of 3G at my office in the heart of Baltimore where they claim to have 100% 4G coverage. The second I walk outside I get 5 bars of 4G. Until they fix these major issues the LTE network it will continue to be worthless.

You may have a 3G repeater in your building. It took forever for my previous employer to replace their AT&T Edge repeater with a 3G one. It behaved pretty much like you describe.
--
AT&T U-Hearse - RIP Unlimited Internet 1995-2011
Rethink Billable.