[Cable] Help me tweak my Cable PLZ
Hello, Could I please get some tweakage help. Also is there a way to tweak my router and Modem?
My Modem is an ARRIS
»/tweakr/block:···a=normal Ping Blocked
»/tweakr/block:···a=normal Ping Enabled
Download Speed: 7513 kbps (939.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 480 kbps (60 KB/sec transfer rate)
Download Speed: 7748 kbps (968.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 475 kbps (59.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1
N750 DB Belkin Wireless n+ Router
Thanks for your help in advance.
actions · 2012-Feb-27 6:11 pm · (locked)
Grants Pass, OR
One thing you can do is to download DRTCP tweaker and set your MTU to 1500. That's one setting that the tweaker will adjust on Win7.
After doing that, if you still experience packet loss, you need to look into what's causing that, as that will definitely kill your speed. Also, are you testing using your wireless card or cat5 cable? Never test using wireless, just too many variables.
actions · 2012-Feb-27 7:41 pm · (locked)
Irish SharkPlay Like A Champion TodayPremium,MVM
Las Vegas, NV
|reply to tokeisch |
• Is this correct? Looks backwards to me.
• The Doctor will not change your MTU. What you are seeing is what Vista/WIN7 reports. The MTU is really set at 1500.
• If you want to change the way the OS is reporting the MTU, follow this »Tweaking FAQ »Changing MTU
• There are no tweaks for the router. The MTU is set to 1500 as shown by your Tweak Tests. You can see if there is newer software/firmware available for your router.
• Your tests are showing some packet loss. Tweaking cannot fix that; even if the OS is tweakable.
• Start by pulling the router and connecting directly to the MODEM. Rerun the speed tests and the ping test again. Post what you get.
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra
actions · 2012-Feb-28 1:18 pm · (locked)