uniqs
mmay149q
Premium Member
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX

mmay149q

Premium Member

Considering......

I just started a new month of data service and in the past 5 days have downloaded almost 700 megs, who needs these caps? I mean I get consistent 10 - 20Mbps download, and consistent 3 - 10Mbps upload...

Things I've done with my cell in the past 5 days to reach that amount:

Update multiple applications
Watch a few Netflix videos (hooked phone via HDMI to TV)
Watch multiple YouTube videos/listened to music on Pandora/YouTube
Browsed multiple websites including imdb, facebook, movie theater times, etc on the go.
Maybe played a few online games.

That's all I've done, in my eyes this is normal every day use for lots of smart phone owners... Oh well, just goes to show what happens with your customers when you s**t on their face and tell them they need to pay 2,000% more for the same thing they've been doing for the past 3 years...

Personally I love my VZW LTE, but I hope that people continue not to buy into the service just so adoption rates slow way down and hopefully caps get raised to the minimum of 15 - 20GB's (or done away with completely) showing how much "abuse" the network can really handle...

Matt

P.S. I am willing to bet 80% of the 5.5 million VZW has on LTE are on grandfathered unlimited plans, I know I've already seen 2 articles where a guy was complaining about being throttled for downloading 60 GB's in 1 week, where another guy claims to have downloaded 120GB with no issues...
Crookshanks
join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

Crookshanks

said by mmay149q:

P.S. I am willing to bet 80% of the 5.5 million VZW has on LTE are on grandfathered unlimited plans, I know I've already seen 2 articles where a guy was complaining about being throttled for downloading 60 GB's in 1 week, where another guy claims to have downloaded 120GB with no issues...

Verizon doesn't throttle their 4G network.
mmay149q
Premium Member
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX

mmay149q

Premium Member

said by Crookshanks:

said by mmay149q:

Verizon doesn't throttle their 4G network.

I agree, but it's a true story you can find it online on quite a few different venues.

»www.vzbuzz.com/2011/10/i ··· -button/

Here's one, and Verizon even defended their position stating "his usage constitutes as abuse

You know, it's called that clause in the TOS where they can terminate service if they think you're doing something harmful?

Matt