Son made my Avatar
Premium
join:2004-12-10
Lorton, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Bright House

[Oh Noes!] Pres. Obama risks being cooked by Anonymous

A report by Consternation Security (really, really)
purports the possibility that Anonymous could get control of the HAARP Array
and use it to channel 1.21 Gigawatts of power into a Cascading Soliton Wave of Devastation directed right at the White House.

(OK. The italicized text above is my own embellishment. But given my seed story, it pretty well wrote itself.)

said by SoftPedNews :

An apparently plausible theory claims that, if hackers manage to overtake the systems from the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP), they could redirect the electrically charged beam of radio waves towards the White House, causing massive damage.

Anonymous hacktivist recently proved that they have no trouble penetrating the defenses of some major sites and some US government organizations even raised concerns regarding the hackers’ ability to affect the nation’s critical infrastructure.

It’s already known that hackers managed to gain access to railway systems and even prison doors could be in theory controlled remotely by an attacker. Not to mention the SCADA systems that recently proved to be highly insecure.

According to a theory provided by Consternation Security, Anonymous or other capable hackers could overtake the controls of the antenna array located at the HAARP facility in Alaska and redirect the 300 million watts of power it emits in any direction, including the White House.

HubPages informs that the military even has the ability to boost the power output to 100 billion watts.

The story doesn't mention how all this power travails the Earth's curvature; but I'm sure they have something in mind.

Stories like this just make me stop and really appreciate my planet.

Note to 3-letter-agencies. This post does not constitute evidence that I wish harm to this or any other PoTUS.
I have faith the Secret Service will perform with it's usual excellence in safeguarding him/her even if someone does manage to assemble the worlds largest George Foreman grill.
2nd Note. I am neither Lex Luthor nor Nikola Tesla's zombie.

--
The Dark Tower's Skynet evolves from 4chan.

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7
Quote:

"HAARP has been blamed by conspiracy theorists for a range of events, including numerous natural disasters. Various scientists have commented that HAARP is an attractive target for conspiracy theorists because according to computer scientist David Naiditch, "its purpose seems deeply mysterious to the scientifically uninformed".[3]

During active ionospheric research, the signal generated by the transmitter system is delivered to the antenna array and transmitted in an upward direction. At an altitude between 70 km (43 mi) to 350 km (217 mi) (depending on operating frequency), the signal is partially absorbed in a small volume several tens of kilometers in diameter and a few meters thick over the IRI."

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequ···_Program
--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

goalieskates
Premium
join:2004-09-12
land of big
reply to Noah Vail
Sounds like a bad Syfy movie.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Noah Vail
said by Noah Vail:

A report by Consternation Security (really, really)
purports the possibility that Anonymous could get control of the HAARP Array
and use it to channel 1.21 Gigawatts of power into a Cascading Soliton Wave of Devastation directed right at the White House. ...

said by SoftPedNews :

An apparently plausible theory claims that, if hackers manage to overtake the systems from the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP), they could redirect the electrically charged beam of radio waves towards the White House, causing massive damage.
HubPages informs that the military even has the ability to boost the power output to 100 billion watts.

From The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program:
quote:
... The HAARP antenna array consists of 180 antennas on a total land area of about 35 acres. The array, along with its integrated transmitters, has a total radiated power capability of about 3,600 kilowatts. ...
From the Wiki article:
quote:
The HAARP project directs a 3.6 MW signal, in the 2.8–10 MHz region of the HF (high-frequency) band, into the ionosphere. The signal may be pulsed or continuous.

It would be most... uhmm... "challenging" to do any discernable damage to anything thousands of miles away using 3.6 megawatts ERP at those frequencies. (Unsubstantiated conspiracy theories about Death-Star-like military power levels of HAARP notwithstanding.)
--
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!" -- P.Henry, 1775

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7