uniqs

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

join:2000-10-05
Marina, CA

FutureMon to No_Strings

to No_Strings

Re: So...I'm still working...

LOL!! It was a "pre-employment" background check; not one of those web scrapers that anyone can pay to find out information on [insert name here].

But I know you were poking fun

Funny thing is, the job is actually working FOR the company that did the check. They ran me through their own system.

I'm happy to know there are no global arrest warrants out for me

- FM
FutureMon

1 edit

FutureMon

LOL!!!

Today. I get an email from the Oklahoma department. They wanted to know if I had time to work on an extra project for them, since they're losing a QA resource. (I wonder if they forgot they're suppose to be replacing me too)

Sure! Toss it over.

Then later this afternoon, I get a visit from my old boss from Development. They need my help fixing something on the Quicksilver app, which I worked on last year but transferred over to QA after the 1st, because nobody else knows how to fix the issue with the installer. Told them to get approval from my QA manager, which was given.

- FM
FutureMon

FutureMon

Gave 30 day notice at my Apartment on Sunday.
Gave 4 weeks notice at Mercury this past Monday.
Faxed Background Check Authorization on Tuesday.
Peed in a cup this morning.

I'm moving to Monterey! Will be working with TheRul See Profile starting April 16th.

- FM

dogma
XYZ
Premium Member
join:2002-08-15
Boulder City, NV

dogma

Premium Member

said by FutureMon:

I'm moving to Monterey! Will be working with TheRul See Profile starting April 16th.

...and Tim Tebow was traded to the Jets. Wow, what a day huh?

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

join:2000-10-05
Marina, CA

FutureMon

Click for full size
Well I finally secured a place to live up in Monterey. It was bumpy at first. Lots of nice places; some practically on the beach, but each one had like one thing about them that made them undesirable. No laundry facility, no off street parking, in an area that accepts section 8, etc.

I had found someone who wanted to sub-let a bedroom and bathroom in their apartment for $600/mo. Everything was all set. Then two days ago that fell through; her current tenant got sick and the military pulled his deployment papers so he won't be out in time for me to move in.

Found another sub-let for $650/mo - a Master Bedroom+Bath in a home, smack in the middle of a forested area behind monterey and south of Pacific Grove; but the guy seemed a little odd. Said smoking was ok, drinking and partying was ok, basically "anything you want is ok with him", and oh yeah he cherry picked me from a "bunch of interested people". Wanted me to paypal him a deposit before he had even givin me the actual address of the place. Then when I saw it via google maps, and saw I'd be parking on the street with the street being quite narrow I decided against that one.

Then luckily, the apartment complex where the first sub-let lived actually gave me a call and said they just had a furnished studio fall off courtesy hold and if I wanted it, it was mine. I jumped on the offer.

$975/mo for a furnished studio, and look how close it is to the tennis courts, pool and weight room!

In June I may upgrade to a 1 bedroom with a loft; it's only about $250 more per month for the furnished ones, and only $75 more if I go unfurnished and haul all my own stuff out at that time.

- FM

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium Member
join:2007-09-18
Monterey, CA

TheRul

Premium Member

I just kicked my mom-inlaw out, and I am still not offering FM to stay with me.