All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dslhelp50
join:2012-02-21

dslhelp50

At&t software modem and reordering?

I use to have att dsl and now I have dial up but if I reordered there dsl again should I get rid of the att software from the first go around?
I have the 2wire modem that was needed to connect me the first time and I'm afraid that if I delete the software then I won't be able to get the 2wire modem to connect properly if I get att dsl again or that it might erase all it's connection settings etc... They will send another install kit (minus any modem) just the software and line filters so I will use the 2wire modem I already got from them the first time.

How should I proceed so I don't render my 2wire modem useless?
Thanks

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac

MVM

said by dslhelp50:

I use to have att dsl and now I have dial up but if I reordered there dsl again should I get rid of the att software from the first go around?

The att software is not needed
said by dslhelp50:

How should I proceed so I don't render my 2wire modem useless?

About the only way you can "render my 2wire modem useless" is to smash it......
The att software is not needed

moes
Premium Member
join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT

moes to dslhelp50

Premium Member

to dslhelp50
as wayjac said, the software is not needed, I have never used it, that is even when I originally got dsl through this company. modem handles everything for me.
dslhelp50
join:2012-02-21

dslhelp50

Cool thanks! Now if I can just get rid of my strange urges to smash modems, I should be fine ;-p
moes
Premium Member
join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT

moes

Premium Member

said by dslhelp50:

Cool thanks! Now if I can just get rid of my strange urges to smash modems, I should be fine ;-p

I end up killing them with buckshot every couple of years, seems people love just giving me these older 2 wire units, so I wear them out and then kill them heh.