dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
coolio10
join:2011-10-28

coolio10 to TOPDAWG

to TOPDAWG

Re: [Extreme Plus] Throttle off in your areas yet?

Click for full size
I think i found the test your talking about and got a good result. I live in Cambridge.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Ran Glasnost, and got this in return: I'll try to download a torrent and see.
quote:
Results for your host (CPE00xxxxxxxxxxxx-CM00xxxxxxxxxxxxx.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com - 99.255.xx.xx):
Is your upload traffic rate limited?

There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your uploads.
Is your download traffic rate limited?

There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your downloads.
HiVolt

HiVolt

Premium Member

Click for full size
Well, a 695MB ubuntu download started off rather rocky up and down, but did settle at 1.4MB/sec eventually, which is proper speed for this 12/2 business package.

I'll see how the upload goes now that its seeding.
HiVolt

HiVolt

Premium Member

Its not uploading more than 1-2KB/sec at at time, probably because there's so many seeders... bad torrent to test upload...
ReeG
join:2012-02-27
North York, ON

ReeG

Hey Guys, maybe i'm just telling you stuff you already know but rogers claims in their netman policy that they do not throttle download traffic of any protocol or applicaton but they DO throttle upload P2P traffic.

»www.rogers.com/web/conte ··· nagement

If you're experiencing intermittently slow download speeds, you could be having the same issue I describe in my thread which is being attached to a specific segment of the network that is flooded during peak hours while other segments of the network remain fast.

TheFerret
The Chesse Stands Alone
Premium Member
join:2003-12-24
East York, ON

TheFerret

Premium Member

If you do a quick search of this forum, you will find ample evidence of Roger's throttling their network. In fact, the CRTC found them guilty of doing it.
ReeG
join:2012-02-27
North York, ON

ReeG

said by TheFerret:

If you do a quick search of this forum, you will find ample evidence of Roger's throttling their network. In fact, the CRTC found them guilty of doing it.

Wow really? I'm new around here. Doesn't surprise me though.
Rogers_Chris
VIP
join:2010-12-15
Toronto, ON

Rogers_Chris to TheFerret

to TheFerret
That's not accurate. We believe our policies were in full compliance with the CRTC regulations and they were publicly available on our website. We’ve invested heavily in next generation fibre-based technology, allowing us to deliver increased speed, reliability and capacity to our customers. We now have the capacity to turn off our policy and we will closely monitor the change to ensure our customers continue to experience the speed and reliability they expect.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

said by Rogers_Chris:

That's not accurate. We believe our policies were in full compliance with the CRTC regulations and they were publicly available on our website.

But you weren't. The fact that the file went to the CRTC Enforcements division shows that you weren't.
said by Rogers_Chris:

We’ve invested heavily in next generation fibre-based technology, allowing us to deliver increased speed, reliability and capacity to our customers. We now have the capacity to turn off our policy and we will closely monitor the change to ensure our customers continue to experience the speed and reliability they expect.

So, what about all the people whose local nodes are maxed out due to your increasing speeds without doing the required upgrades first, and have to fight for months about getting crap speeds before you can deem to even look into it to be fixed... That's not great service.

CANADIANSOUP
join:2011-06-27
Mississauga, ON

CANADIANSOUP

I got disconnected from the internet last night due to an outage. It happened around midnight last night. I was on hold for 7 mins waiting to speak to a tech rep. She confirmed they had several outages...