GraysonPeddi
Grayson Peddie
join:2010-06-28
Tallahassee, FL
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter PoE
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC

GraysonPeddi

Re: New Samsung Galaxdetails leaked online

Even if it's just a rumor, I'd want one instead of Galaxy Nexus even though I still want a pure Google experience. I could root S III if I could and just install a stock ROM in there and only if I can find one that's compatible with S III. Once that's successful, I'd just be glad I have held out in getting Galaxy Nexus.

Mind you, changes and improvements in technology is fast. Bet I won't see prices of Galaxy line of phones go down, huh?

A 4.8" is great for the visually impaired.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

said by GraysonPeddi:

A 4.8" is great for the visually impaired.

as a legally blind person whos mom is also legally blind, what would be greater would be text to speach, got a couple samsung solstice II's, the screens nice, but even with a 10X mag she cant see caller i.d. data fast enough to tell if she should answer or not, texting takes her forever to read.

sad thing is, it has "voice recognition" yeah, except, you have to go in and turn it on to use it, every time, and i do mean every freaking time. talkd to them (samsung) about it, theres apparantly no way to have that on automatically, nore is their a way to make it one button push, and honestly the impression i got from them was they really didnt care.

and that ticks me OFF. finding standard "dumb" phones is freaking difficult, especially for flip phones. the only one i found at the time i was debating about these, was the samsung rugby II, at $100.00.. a bit much just to get a phone we can "feel"

there frankly making it harder and harder for those of us with severe vision problems to even USE a phone any more. at least with landline we could get special services to help us out, as far as im aware att offers no such services for cell's

what i would LOVE to have is cheap data and no freaking monthly bill for GPS, they have no idea how much of a help GPS would be for finding our way to stores instead of us having to call up and ask them for directions, and not normal directions either, i mean "think like you cant see signs" kind of directions. at least some of the app's ive seen have "walking gps directions"

i just wish some genius at att would figure that out and figure out how much of a good PR move that would be. but alas, itl never happen. i mean come on, its att...

note: both of us have 20/400 vision, farsighted, nearsighted, and color blind.
GraysonPeddi
Grayson Peddie
join:2010-06-28
Tallahassee, FL
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter PoE
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC

GraysonPeddi

Have you seen the videos of Android 4.0 accessibility?

»www.youtube.com/results? ··· 8.9l17l0

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

said by GraysonPeddi:

Have you seen the videos of Android 4.0 accessibility?

»www.youtube.com/results? ··· 8.9l17l0

no i havent, thanks for that. now if only att would get rid of mandatory data for smartphones, or lower the costs

really all mom needs is talking caller i.d. , talking txt messages, and maybe a GPS app. thats really it, we wouldnt use all the other features of those phones.