how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jrble819

join:2010-01-22
Cumberland, MD

Atlantic Broadband adds Peak Tier

This morning, Atlantic BB has posted a new tier on their site. "Peak" tier claims to be "Up to 110Mbps/5Mbps". Had to change to Altoona zip to see this. Hope this means their upgrades are almost complete to get Express and up down here in Cumberland.

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
ABB is starting to really get active in improving things. They fell way behind on internet speeds, and they're slowly catching up to everyone else.

However, I tried all the zip codes, and I didn't get Peak to come up anywhere including Altoona.

Now to get the HD channels up there. ABB should be jumping over 100 soon.

jrble819

join:2010-01-22
Cumberland, MD
Later in the afternoon, they took down the peak page. It was up originally. I guess they didn't really want it up yet.

ScrawnyB

join:2004-05-18
Carlisle, PA
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to jrble819
Click for full size
Did you happen to catch the prices listed?

EDIT: cancel that... I looked, it seems to be available in the Miami Beach, FL area.

The lack of speed on the upload side makes it not worth it, even it was available in the north.

$200/month for 110/5? no thank you.
Although I wish ABB was more uniform in that their Unleashed tier is 75/5 while ours is 40/3... Different markets, different competition I suppose.

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to jrble819
$199 is ridiculous.

But $69.99 for 75/5 Unleashed in FL that's uncapped is a great deal. That's only $15 more than ABB is still charging in Cumberland for 10/1!

The only competition in Miami Beach would be AT&T U-Verse, and that's little more competition than DSL.

Upstream channel bonding will come in time, I think. It took a while for Comcast to bring it in, TWC and Charter haven't really bothered with that yet.

F34R

join:2007-10-29
reply to jrble819
I'll be glad when we, Barnwell, Sc, can get the 40/3 package. Most we have now is 15/1.5

EnerJi

join:2011-02-19
Miami Beach, FL
reply to jrble819
Only 5Mbps upload? That's abysmal. ABB already has a very high DL/UP ratio, and the new 110/5 puts the ratio into "ridiculous" territory. They need to work on channel bonding some "upstream" channels so that they can increase the upstream by a factor of 4, at least.