Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

pmlco

join:2009-09-04
Palm Coast, FL

Failed to authenticate on INVITE

Hello.

Until late 2011, I had been using ViaTalk with Asterisk with very few problems for years. Suddenly, it all fell apart. Most of the problems I had are now resolved, but I still have one. If I try to make a call, Asterisk gives me this message:
chan_sip.c: Failed to authenticate on INVITE to '"My name" <sip:my number@soundwave.vtnoc.net>;tag=as3e27d9df'

I opened a support ticket on ViaTalk, and I was advised to use the server hightower. This does work, and the current situation is that it will work with other servers (soundwave, bumblebee, grimlock) as long as I use hightower as the outbound proxy, i.e. I put
outboundproxy=hightower.vtnoc.net
in sip.conf.

So all is well. However, I am concerned that one day the problem will occur with this configuration too, unless I can get to the bottom of it. The solution also requires hightower to be available at all times, which is not always the case. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Regards
Ian

pmlco

join:2009-09-04
Palm Coast, FL

Forgot to add that I'm currently using Asterisk 1.8.9.3. The problem started at about 1.8.7, but the first time it happened was not just after an upgrade.