uniqs

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

5GB/mo not enough for almost all landline users

This might work for my 90 yr old Uncle who gets on Facebook 1x/day to check on the doings of his children & grandchildren & great-grandchildren. And that is because he never has his PC updated with software fixes.

At an absolute minimum for a landline connection, it has to be at least 10GB/mo which could work for a limited number of users. I am on the internet daily and have had months as low as 12GB with some video streaming from Netflix and all the monthly software updates from MS, Adobe, etc. But more typical usage is in the 20-30GB/mo range with a few hours a week of Netflix usage.

If TWC offered this discount for 10 or 15 GB/mo usage, it could satisfy quite a few light users.

delusion ftl
@comcast.net

delusion ftl

Anon

Don't think for a second that they haven't done all the calculations regarding usage, costs and the allowance just like ATT and VZW have done.

ATT's plans are such that most users fall in between the tiers, so most users use more than 250MB of data, but not 3GB, so they either pay the 30 dollars for data they never use, or pay the 20 dollar and incur overages. Voice plans are the same way, either you pick a minutes tier where you go over constantly, OR you pick a minutes tier where you amass thousands of never going to be used rollover minutes. Wouldn't it be nice if you could simply pick a plan closer to your usage minutes and save money?

So TWC has come up with a plan where most users will break the allowance keeping ARPU even while slowly introducing the frog to the warming water.
praetoralpha
join:2005-08-06
Pittsburgh, PA

praetoralpha to FFH5

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

This might work for my 90 yr old Uncle who gets on Facebook 1x/day to check on the doings of his children & grandchildren & great-grandchildren. And that is because he never has his PC updated with software fixes.

Metered billing would be terrible for this. Once you get a rootkit/virus or two in that insecure system, you can get 100+ gigs/month, easy.